Author Topic: Solutions for Carrying a Spare Mag in Pants Pocket  (Read 11335 times)

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Solutions for Carrying a Spare Mag in Pants Pocket
« on: December 03, 2018, 08:24:29 PM »
Okay, I'm going to have to break down and spend some money on my carry rig again.  I went shooting over the weekend, and while I typically shoot my carry gun, I will only run it with carry ammo every third outing or so due to the expense of running 50 HST's down range to punch holes in paper.  That said, I drew pistol from holster, fired 16 rounds to slide lock, dropped empty magazine while reaching into pocket for spare mag which rides in a Galco pocket mag pouch, loaded spare mag, ran the slide home and fired three or four shots from spare mag before having the gun go into battery.  Tapped and racked, perfectly good round ejected, but same issue.  Long story short, some pocket lint followed the round into the chamber and the nice tight chamber of my P99 prevented the gun from going into battery.  After correcting that little bobble, the gun ran perfectly.  Upon inspection of the Galco mag pouch, there's a little a spot along the bottom where there is no stitching to prevent debris from entering.  I now need to find a new in the pocket carrier for a spare mag.  Any suggestions for something that's completely closed and low bulk (keep in mind I wear tailored suit pants on a regular basis and the rest of my pants are more form fit than baggy)?

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Solutions for Carrying a Spare Mag in Pants Pocket
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 10:48:51 PM »
Try this mag carrier from Clinger Holsters. Good company to deal with. quick shipping.
I use their V3 Stingray for EDC and love it. Most comfortable holster I ever had.

http://clingerholsters.com/shop-now/
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:48:12 AM »
Try this mag carrier from Clinger Holsters. Good company to deal with. quick shipping.
I use their V3 Stingray for EDC and love it. Most comfortable holster I ever had.

http://clingerholsters.com/shop-now/

Just ordered one of their pocket mag carriers.  Hopefully it doesn't allow pocket lint into the mag like my Galco.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 04:06:04 PM »
I sometimes use the SnagMag and for me it works. It is used for my G43 flat base mags.  www.snagmag.com  This is not an expensive item.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:09:17 PM by RetCapt1994 »
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 11:33:04 AM »
I sometimes use the SnagMag and for me it works. It is used for my G43 flat base mags.  www.snagmag.com  This is not an expensive item.

That one still gives me some hesitation as it appears that I could possibly wind up with the same issue as I had with the Galco pouch.  I'm after something with the bullets completely covered and protected from any lint that may be kicking around in the pocket of my jeans. 

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 10:03:22 PM »
Hey Marc, I have been using this device for years. It does not attract lint because it sits on top of the pocket. I would not carry a mag at the bottom of a pocket. You do whatever you think is right but for me it is the Snagmag. Regards to all.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 03:30:40 PM by RetCapt1994 »
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 07:44:25 PM »
I must say, I am liking the Clinger mag pouch.  Stays put in a pocket, keeps crud out of the mag, and gives me the option of using it IWB for those times I happen to be wearing some of my pants that hae oddly become slightly loose in the waist area. 

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 10:16:49 PM »
Clinger makes good products. I used their V3 Stingray for EDC and love it.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

BPRoach302

• Carry On

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 06:28:34 PM »
The 5.11 Taclite pants and their 11’ shorts have a mag pocket on the left side, which I use only for the mag, doesn’t collect lint  Plenty of pockets and seven belt loops.  If you don’t have to dress like James Bond, these trousers are a great choice.  

FEATURES DETAILS

6.2 oz. poly/cotton TACLITE® ripstop fabric
Action waistband
8 pockets including strap-and-slash seat pockets
Double-reinforced seat and knees (Internal knee pad ready)
Bartacking at major seams and stress points
Triple-stitching
Lightweight, durable Taclite® fabric
Gussetted construction for flexibility and strength
Extra pockets sized for tactical use
Hip-mounted D-ring
Teflon® finish
YKK® zippers and Prym® snaps
Imported
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.