Author Topic: Moving to Delaware: AR Pistol legal?  (Read 5738 times)

Boliman

Moving to Delaware: AR Pistol legal?
« on: December 20, 2018, 02:33:36 AM »
Moving from PA. to Delaware (Dover area). I have a PA LTCF. I have a 7.5" AR Pistol with a Krinkov muzzle device and a SB Tactical SBA3-01-SB brace. Is this set up legal to have in Delaware?? Also are there any ranges in the Dover area? Thanks for the much needed help!

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: Moving to Delaware: AR Pistol legal?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 02:39:20 AM »
Friend you picked the wrong state to move to if gun rights are important to you. This coming year we will probably see a gun ban like in MD and NJ. Again you should really consider your future regarding this move.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:33:22 PM by RetCapt1994 »
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Tonym

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 09:16:23 AM »
Its legal, for now

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 11:35:09 AM »
But probably won't be for long, as Delaware is a Democrat Liberal Bastion. No place I know of in Dover area to fire that weapon. You are probably going to have to take a ride to use it.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 04:20:33 PM »
But probably won't be for long, as Delaware is a Democrat Liberal Bastion. No place I know of in Dover area to fire that weapon. You are probably going to have to take a ride to use it.

Has Shooters Choice changed their policy? I’ve seen AR15 pistols used in their range before.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 10:36:11 PM »
I believe they have had a rule against "rapid fire" shooting for quite some time (years).
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

coolwrld

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 07:43:30 PM »
Shooters Choice definitely has issue with "rapid fire" but I do double tap there a lot.  Also have taken my regular AR there and regularly see ARs there.  I'm assuming as long as you aren't burning through a mag in 5 seconds they wouldn't consider the AR pistol any different than a regular AR.  Of course I could be completely wrong.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 08:30:48 PM »
 I shoot a classic Walther PPQ (M1) with a trigger that allows double and triple tap firing easily and accurately. They have never had anything to say with that. My AR type rifles I usually fire single shits but have also fired off 2-3 round ‘burst’ shots without issues. I’ve been there before and have seems a couple guys do full mag dumps as well, though was told staff knew the person and their abilities. I have no desire to do full AR mag dumps myself. I’ve been in when the range was empty and requested permission to do some 10-15 round handgun rapid shooting and they were in fact fine with that. That said, the person I asked and a few other staff know me from past visits and conversations.

IMO their posted ‘no rapid fire’ sign is to keep control of things. There are tons of people with absolutely NO common sense at ranges and Shoiters Chiice is no exception.

They have no rules against AR Pistols in general however. Just act responsibly.