Author Topic: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation  (Read 116556 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation
« Reply #255 on: October 11, 2018, 10:04:40 AM »
I think our best hope now is a judicial ruling on carry outside of the home being protected under the 2nd amendment.   Republicans have sure let us down. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #256 on: October 11, 2018, 01:35:27 PM »
Are you forgetting Delaware is an "Open Carry State" as well as having a concealed carry permit available?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2018, 10:37:02 PM »
Are you forgetting Delaware is an "Open Carry State" as well as having a concealed carry permit available?
I was not thinking of Delaware but rather State’s like New Jersey, Hawaii and California that either don’t issue or rarely do.  Also universal recognition of carry licenses just like driver license.

I do not think at this point Delaware’s laws would be questioned unless they try to go back to restrictive may issue for concealed carry.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2018, 03:12:49 PM »
Delaware is not a "shall issue state". It is a "may issue state" but thank God few people are turned down, and the ones that are would probably not get a permit in and "shall issue state" because of legal or mental problems in their past.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #259 on: December 24, 2018, 07:14:22 PM »
Who Poo-Poo'd the National Concealed Cary Reciprocity Act? It was Republican Senator Mitch McConnell. He is the gate-keeper to the Senate and has the say as to what bills get brought to the floor for vote. He will still be in office until the 2020 election. Hopefully he will retire or get kicked out by his home state, or at the very least lose the Senate Leader position.
The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017-18 is dead as a mackerel. With the changes in Congress in the House, I don't look for anything positive on this subject in the next 4 to 6 years at least. Maybe never.
With the Lancaster County PA. Sheriff also Poo-Pooing the non-resident CCL, looks like we are in prison in Delaware with our CCW that few other states accept. This really sucks in my opinion.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #260 on: December 25, 2018, 04:47:01 AM »
Regarding Pennsylvania, there are other counties.  My Lancaster one is due in April, though — so I will have to figure out where to go.  My first one was from York, before switching to Centre County — and then Lancaster.  So, I may call York around March, and go from there. Unless, of course, someone has better advice before then.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

RLS

« Reply #261 on: December 25, 2018, 06:28:01 AM »
Regarding Pennsylvania, there are other counties.  My Lancaster one is due in April, though — so I will have to figure out where to go.  My first one was from York, before switching to Centre County — and then Lancaster.  So, I may call York around March, and go from there. Unless, of course, someone has better advice before then.

I have been getting mine at the Reading Regional Airport, Berks County has a Sheriff's office there. I was in and out quickly. I prepared the paperwork before I left home, didn't sign it until the officer told me to sign. Download the application and make sure to read the hours of operation, they close for several days during the month. 

Rick

Trapper

« Reply #262 on: December 26, 2018, 06:22:19 PM »

I have been getting mine at the Reading Regional Airport, Berks County has a Sheriff's office there. I was in and out quickly. I prepared the paperwork before I left home, didn't sign it until the officer told me to sign. Download the application and make sure to read the hours of operation, they close for several days during the month. 

Rick

This is where I go, in and out in less than ten minutes.
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2018, 06:54:23 PM »
Y'all are missing the point. I know there are other places in PA. to get a permit. Just like there are many other states. The point is , why should we have to? For my own needs there are better states to get a permit in than PA.. For instance VA., Utah, and Texas. Do you realize that to get permits to cover you all over the US you would need permits from at least 14 different states, and still would not be covered in 3 states. It would cost you at least $1000.00, not counting time, gas, postage, finger prints, and certifications.
The point I'm making and the topic of this thread is National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation.  We all want to get a law passed to allow us to get 1 permit to carry nationwide. Whether it is from our state, or one issued by the Federal Government, or just the fact that a Constitutional Carry Law will negate the need for a permit at all. If it were up to me I would opt for the SCOTUS ruling that the 2nd Amendment makes the need of a state permit void. We had the NCCRL at the brink of reality, and the Republicans Majority (Mitch McConnell) not the Democrats (who we know would vote against it) stabbed us in the back, and let it die in the Judiciary Committee, headed by a Republican. And now with the Democrats taking control of the House and the margin slimming at the Senate, it looks like we are back to square one, and set back at least 50 years.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:57:20 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative