Author Topic: Sussex County NRA-ILA  (Read 3480 times)

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Sussex County NRA-ILA
« on: March 18, 2019, 08:48:39 PM »
Tuesday, Mar 19 at 6:30PM is the grassroots Workshop in Georgetown. I will be going and report back what I learned.
Event is full so you don't need to RSVP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: Sussex County NRA-ILA
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:27:21 PM »
Results from the meeting:

The room was small but completely full. The rep from NRA-ILA was there to give the presentation. Mark (the NRA-ILA rep) covered the best ways to contact, influence, etc your political representatives. He also said we need more grass roots involvement locally. People from Delaware gun rights, Bridgeville Pistol and Rifle club, Nanikole gun club, DSSA, spoke about what they are doing. The problem is there is no coordination between all of them to promote the issues and let everyone know what is on the agenda.

Senator Pettyjohn showed up and spoke for about 30 minutes on what was coming and how to influence and contact your district reps.
I mentioned this forum and most of the people there did not know it existed. Hopefully, some will join or at least read some posts.

My take from the meeting is we need to be more vocal, spend time promoting the 2nd amendment, and get further involved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 04:16:05 PM »
THANK YOU for attending and reporting back to us.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

GoNavy

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 05:40:07 PM »
I was there and found the information helpful.  As Senator Pettyjohn said, it is very important to reach out and contact your representatives and even those not in your district.  I also thought it was interesting that he said that a concise to the point e-mail or letter was more effective than a long drawn out form letter.  I will definitely have to make an appointment with my representatives and visit and make my voice heard. 

It seems that there was some slight anger towards Mark and the NRA, in general.  I know that the NRA must be limited to some extent with their resources.  There are so many people out there that just don't get it!  This is a right that God has given each and every one of us and we need to promote the NRA, DSSA, Gun owners of America, the Second Amendment Foundation, and/or whatever Pro 2A organization/club that we can.  Even if it is to just show up and make your voices heard.  According to some of the research I found (and we all know that can vary greatly from paper to paper and researcher to researcher), about 1-in-5 gun owners are members of the NRA.  Just think what could happen if that was doubled.  I know I am "preaching to the the choir" but much work needs to me done.  I know that the majority of gun owners are your typical white male.  I really appreciate that a few ladies where present at the meeting, just wish more would come.  I thank Dana Loesch and Colion Noir for standing up for the NRA and the 2A.  We need more like them.  You better believe the heads would turn at Legislative Hall if 25-50% of the gun owners were women and/or black. 

God bless the Republic and stay safe.  God bless you! 

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 10:57:38 PM »
I sent off a letter to the News Urinal, doubt they will print it.  Not sure about the Del State News.  My letter was fairly long.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 02:09:22 AM »
I find it interesting that most at the meeting were not aware of our forum.  It shows some of the disconnect between groups.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 12:29:11 PM »
I find it interesting that most at the meeting were not aware of our forum.  It shows some of the disconnect between groups.

I've posted on DGR and referenced a link here several times.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 11:06:05 PM »
The News Urinal notified me my letter will appear online fri, and in print Sat.  Likely will be billed as another whacko NRA member.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 10:05:47 AM »
The News Urinal notified me my letter will appear online fri, and in print Sat.  Likely will be billed as another whacko NRA member.
Thats great ! I will be looking for it .

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 08:10:21 PM »
Just read Bills letter to the editor, on-line. Good job Bill.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 10:55:41 PM »
I tried to point out the gun is not the problem, but the public has been so brainwashed I doubt it will mean much to most Urinal readers.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 12:18:39 PM »
Great job on your story . It’s refreshing to read pro 2A stories in the news urinal. Just to add to it , how many accidents / deaths do drugs cause but instead of trying to abolish drugs ( like guns) we start making them legal ! That good old common sense is not to common for sure .

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 06:31:05 PM »
I tried to point out the gun is not the problem, but the public has been so brainwashed I doubt it will mean much to most Urinal readers.
well done. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 12:08:48 AM »
Purchased a copy this morning and probably the first News Urinal in 20yrs. Good job Bill and it was well worth the price ($2.50) for me. They do have balls charging that price for a copy of this rag. Again, nice job with the letter Bill.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE