Author Topic: Time to wake the sleeping giant-GUN BILLS EXPECTED NEXT WEEK  (Read 2197 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
Time to wake the sleeping giant-GUN BILLS EXPECTED NEXT WEEK
« on: April 04, 2019, 02:45:27 AM »
There have been numerous reports that "Moms Demand Action" are sending out form messages to our legislators that include the following statement:

"I would like you to support a permit to purchase system, an assault weapons ban, and a high capacity magazine restriction. All three of these measures will help keep our communities safe and prevent gun tragedies such as mass shootings and gun suicides."

It appears that the initiators of these bills are actively looking for additional sponsors and that the bills may be introduced within the next week.

Time for everyone to get their act in gear. Start writing your legislators NOW. They must know that there are more of us than there are of them. The operative phrase this year is "We Will not Comply"
Tee shirts are available here: https://teespring.com/get-we-will-not-comply

We need to also make up signs, bumper stickers banners & other materials. "We Will Not Comply" must be everywhere.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

GoNavy

Re: Time to wake the sleeping giant-GUN BILLS EXPECTED NEXT WEEK
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 08:11:09 AM »
The three measures that "Moms Demand Action" (MDA) are calling for are crazy.  First point, our 'permit to purchase' is spelled out in the Constitution.  Did MDA get a permit speak?  No, they didn't.  That is allowed in the Constitution also.  Second point, we all know there is no such thing as an assault weapon (I would never use my weapon to assault, only to defend).  Third point, high capacity magazines will not prevent a gun suicide.  The last time I read about a suicide it only took ONE round.  I do not recall any victim of suicide reloading or pulling the trigger twice (I may be wrong and anyone is free to correct me).  We only have to look at the shooting in FL last year to see that the killer there did not use a high capacity mag because it would not fit in the bag that he carried the weapon in.  These Moms need to realize that our communities will not be safe nor will gun tragedies be prevented by any of these foolish measures.  These are just three quick points I came up with after not sleeping well the past few nights (awake since 2 AM this morning); just think what detailed argument I could come up with against this their statement on a good night sleep.

God bless the USA   

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
By the way, the magazine ban was ruled unconstitutional a week or so ago by a federal judge.  That could quickly change, with todays politics and whacko judges.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 02:07:36 PM »
When you write (and write to ALL, not just your reps) ask them why they want to punish me and take away my private property for the actions of a deranged individual thousands of miles away from Delaware?  I don't want it to go this far, but Delaware has already set the president of paying for banned property with the bump stock ban.  How much are your guns worth and can Delaware afford the thousands of dollars for each gun owner?  I can already hear the lawyers sharpening their pencils.  Just remember the US Constitution and the Delaware Constitution.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 02:44:57 PM »
MDA will be in Dover on Wednesday April 10th
https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionDE/

Delaware Gun Rights (DGR) is calling a counter protest. Go to their Facebook page for info:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DelawareGunRights/

We need to have 1000 gun owners there.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

RLS

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 12:07:28 AM »
MDA will be in Dover on Wednesday April 10th
https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionDE/

Delaware Gun Rights (DGR) is calling a counter protest. Go to their Facebook page for info:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DelawareGunRights/

We need to have 1000 gun owners there.

Need to show up with pitch forks and torches.

Rick

Sigma4506

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 10:11:00 PM »
I agree with with Groundgrid   we need a Lot of people to step up to the Plate for any Control these nitwits want to put on Law abiding ,hard working, tax paying Citizens of America  - 50% of these supposedly Americans would stick  up for illegals before they stick up for OUR  AMERICAN Rights , By the way talking about illegals , went to Walmart in elkton MD  -to get an ELK RIDGE PASS ------4 OR 5  guys hanging -   1 guy had MS- on his shaved head  and 13 on his neck -  Sad i couldn't carry in Maryland ---  be warned they are here     To Stay    ----   
74 Army vet - Fort Leonardwood MO

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 11:48:10 PM »
I am going to try to go down, but I doubt even a large turnout will change the democrat minds.  Their thought will be, "look at all the criminals we can create".  And it only took a couple of dozen of us to do it.....  Gee, you may get the impression I don't hold the left politicians in high regard...
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith