Author Topic: They're here - Three very bad gun bills  (Read 1829 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
They're here - Three very bad gun bills
« on: April 08, 2019, 09:18:52 PM »
Bridgeville just sent out an email about these bad bills.  Time to start making noise.

!!! IMPORTANT INFORMATION !!!

STOP THE CARNEY/TOWNSEND GUN BAN TRIFECTA

THREE NEW ANTI-GUN SENATE BILLS

ANOTHER SEMI-AUTO BAN - SB 163 REVISITED

PURCHASE PERMIT REQUIRED - CONNECTICUT-STYLE

STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINE BAN - 10 ROUND LIMIT

Governor Carney promised a far-reaching gun ban agenda and Senator Townsend has once again come through for him today!Townsend is currently circulating three bills for sponsorship, bills that could be introduced as early as this evening.

Read All Three Bills: Click the links below
Semi-Auto Ban (or as they say wrongly "Assault Weapon": https://files.constantcontact.com/825453af201/bb660761-816b-4cb0-bd70-0eece90fecef.pdf

Permit to purchase: https://files.constantcontact.com/825453af201/dbc33023-04de-4b67-ab82-5de371fa941b.pdf

Magazine Ban: https://files.constantcontact.com/825453af201/88da7ff1-cb01-4148-bc4a-d4e529b764cc.pdf

We've seen bad gun bills before - but this is more draconian and far-reaching than Gov. Castle's and Carper's combined!

1.Townsend’s Semi-Auto Ban would outlaw thousands upon thousands of semi-auto rifles, pistols and shotguns owned by 10's of thousands of law-abiding Delawareans - including America's favorite rifle the Colt AR-15 and many pistols used by thousands of Delaware home-owners as home and personal defense firearms. Unlike SB 163, this bill contains a registration provision.
The Synopsis of Sen. Townsend's bill is full of lies, half-truths and falsifications - all designed to make your Senators and Representatives believe that it is both necessary and constitutional - shame on him! He's a lawyer- he knows better.

2. The Permit to Purchase Bill not only requires a permit to purchase a firearm it also creates a 30 day waiting period , a buyer registration database and a firearm database for each and every firearm purchased - and many other draconian, unreasonable and unnecessary requirements - very similar to the system used in Connecticut.It is also discriminatory economically and socially.
3. The ban on standard capacity magazines limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds and contains a confiscation provision .

More details to follow on all three bills - including bill numbers when they are assigned.

Contact your Representative and Senator today and politely ask them to vote no on this legislation.

You can locate your legislator at the General Assembly's main web page:
http://legis.delaware.gov/  
(Look in upper right corner of the page under "Who is My Legislator"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:05:59 PM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: They're here - Three very bad gun bills
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 10:36:04 PM »
They all sound quite unconstitutional, but that makes no never mind to politicians.  They will pass them and it will take piles of $$$ and years to get a ruling on them
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 01:32:00 AM »
Lawyers will have a field day.

Here is an article by John Sigler from last year that might help in writing letters.  Srticl1, Section 20 of the Delaware Constitution was written in 1987.  It took two sessions of the legislature to get it approved.  This was 32 years ago when everyone knew about the AR-15 and it's standard 20 and 30 round magazines as well as pistols with standard capacity magazines above 10 rounds.

https://delawarestatenews.net/opinion/commentary-delawares-own-right-to-keep-and-bear-arms/
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 12:18:39 AM »
This is pure BS from Clownsend and Blarney. These three bills are the worse thing I have ever read. They do have the numbers to get them passed. I have been trying to get the hell out of this cesspool state for over year but just haven't been successful. All I can do now is wish that all DemoRATS in DE get a very slow moving colon cancer. I have no use for these worthless scumbags. You have no idea how pissed off I am.  DE SUCKS!
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 10:58:58 PM »
All three bills have been assigned to the Senate Executive Committee
Members (6)
Chair:   David B. McBride (D)
Vice-Chair:   Nicole Poore (D)
Members:   Harris B. McDowell (D) , Bryan Townsend (D), Catherine Cloutier (R), Gerald W. Hocker (R)

SB68 “Assault Weapons”
Current Status:   Senate Executive 4/10/19
Primary Sponsor:   Townsend
Additional Sponsor(s):   Sen. McDowell, Rep. Chukwuocha
Co-Sponsor(s):   Sen. Sokola, Sturgeon
              Reps. Baumbach, Bentz, Bolden, Heffernan, K. Johnson, Kowalko

SB69 Purchase Permit Cards
Senate Bill 69
Primary Sponsor:   Sturgeon
Additional Sponsor(s): Sen. Townsend, McDowell
                                 Reps. Griffith, Bentz
Co-Sponsor(s):   Sen. Lockman, Sokola
                        Rep. Bolden

SB70 Large Mag Ban
Senate Bill 70
Primary Sponsor:   Sokola
Additional Sponsor(s):  Sen. Townsend, McDowell
                                  Rep. Baumbach
Co-Sponsor(s):   Sen. Sturgeon
                        Reps. Bentz, Bolden, Chukwuocha, Heffernan
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:02:42 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 12:07:52 PM »
Sent off a letter to my Senator, McDowell, as I have done over the years.  I have yet to hear back from any communications.  It is a waste of my time but I keep doing it.

My newly elected rep is just as bad.  I did get a canned response back from him that had nothing to do with the subject, typical.

I hate politicians!!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith