Author Topic: SB68 "Assault Rifle" Ban  (Read 3821 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
SB68 "Assault Rifle" Ban
« on: April 24, 2019, 10:23:38 PM »
I have attached a document I plan on sending to every Senator and Representative in Delaware.   Please review it and provide some thoughts on how to improve it.

Thanks
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

groundgrid

• Life Member
Re: SB68 "Assault Rifle" Ban
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 04:06:20 AM »
They care very little about anything except for votes so it might be a good idea to work some of the following into the letter:

Turn out at legislative hall when the bills were announced was a minimum of 10 to 1 against them. This doesn't even consider that Mom's Demand Action is notorious for bringing in out of state agitators. Also remind them that MDA uses very questionable and biased surveys to "prove" their point. Essentially they are engaged in organized lying.

Delaware Gun Rights (DGR) without any form of promotion has a membership of over 20,000. Over 97% of which are registered voters. This group alone is enough to change the course of any Delaware election. They are currently fundraising and will reach their current $20,000 goal in under 1 week. I expect that they will have a war chest of at least $100,000 come the 2020 elections. They are far from the vocal minority that some people think.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 12:09:24 PM »
May it  be noted that "Moms Demand Action" is a Michael Bloomberg group and has few Delaware actual resident members. Most of their "followers" were bussed in from outside the state.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 02:08:49 PM »
Thank you.  This is good info that I'll add to the note.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 02:44:51 PM »
A point that few politicians will ever admit, but it is true.  The Second Amendment was written to protect us from politicians.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 11:14:44 PM »
I've sent the email and pdf attachment to every Senator and Representative in Dover.  I included the info from groundgrid and SturmRugerSR9 in the email note so it was upfront and not in the pdf.  I asked that they give me the courtesy of reading the pdf and don't jut dump the emil if they don't agree with me.  I'm sure the Dems will just trash my note but the Repubs will get additional info to use (hopefully).
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 11:18:21 PM »
I just received a reply from Brian Pettyjohn.

Here is his note:

Mark, Kate:

I am an absolute NO on all three of these bills.  We have a constitution in Delaware that offers greater protections from the government interfering with our right to keep and bear arms than the second amendment.  These will no absolutely nothing to stop violent acts, as criminals will continue to find ways to cause harm – these bills will only impact law-abiding Delawareans.

You have my promise that I will fight these bills with every tool at my disposal, and if they do get passed by the General Assembly and signed by the Governor, I will assist in the lawsuits that will follow.

Thank you again for taking the time to engage in this process on such a critical issue relating to our constitutional rights!

Please stay in touch,

Brian

That's one who is good for us.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 01:45:44 AM »
It must be nice to receive replies from your elected officials.  I rarely do.   ???
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 02:16:52 AM »
It is their job to meet with and respond to their constituents.

If you don't hear back from an R who is your rep or senator, let me know so that they can be politely nudged.

If yours is a D & chooses not to make the time to listen to you, please log your efforts so that it can be used against them come the next election.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 03:01:48 AM »
Pettyjohn isn't mine.  Mine are Lopez and Smyk.  They both answer me.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 09:48:02 AM »
May it  be noted that "Moms Demand Action" is a Michael Bloomberg group and has few Delaware actual resident members. Most of their "followers" were bussed in from outside the state.
Sturm is absolutely correct as usual.  Last year when we had the hearings in Dover regarding the state park regulations I watched the anti gun speakers go out and get into  their vehicles with New Jersey and Maryland license plates.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »
This district used to solid red, but now has gone blue.  We had a really good R candidate, Eric Braunstein, run this time around, but not even close.  D's Seigfried, Harris McDowell not worth the energy to write.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 12:01:37 PM »
Delaware Gun Rights (DGR) without any form of promotion has a membership of over 20,000. Over 97% of which are registered voters. This group alone is enough to change the course of any Delaware election. They are currently fundraising and will reach their current $20,000 goal in under 1 week. I expect that they will have a war chest of at least $100,000 come the 2020 elections. They are far from the vocal minority that some people think.

Only works IF they get off their asses and help out.  I live in Mitchell's dist (unopposed).  So, I donated $100 to Dan's campaign (ran against Townsend).  Also, stuffed envelopes for Weiner campaign as well as several lit drops for her.

We NEED to do more!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 12:05:19 PM »
I just received a reply from Brian Pettyjohn.

That's one who is good for us.

When I was in Dover on April 10th and the Bills announced with the mums, Brian came out
and talked to us.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 07:43:35 PM »
I have received a "will vote No" from only five so far.

Ruth Briggs-King, Steve Smyk,Tim Dukes, Brian Pettyjohn, and Anthony Delcollo.

Hopefully, more will respond or, at least, vote "No" on SB68
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3