Author Topic: NRA & DSSA Freedom Rally  (Read 2064 times)

Sigma4506

NRA & DSSA Freedom Rally
« on: May 01, 2019, 10:17:39 PM »
The rally was Standing room only , walking in the speaker said we had beaten the attendance record , 430 people and we were up to 475 and people are waiting on line to get in , Yea at this point we all need the people we can get to attend these PRO-RALLYS and pass the word  ,So please if you have the time Come - every person counts , We have some really good people working on our side,AND THEY REALLY NEED OUR HELP - and now we are in the danger zone of losing our RIGHTS / i am going to Volunteer , Thanks  / think close to 500 attended--Very cool
74 Army vet - Fort Leonardwood MO

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: NRA & DSSA Freedom Rally
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 12:14:10 AM »
I couldn't make it. I was stuck at a Civic Association meeting (I'm on the board)...

...so, when Senator Poore told her assembled constituents that the Senate was working on "three important gun control bills," I started with "Since you brought it up..."

It wasn't hard to put her on the defensive, aided by several residents of our development. When I asked her if "her bill" would do something, she shot back "It's not my bill!"
So, of course, I did that to her several more times.

Example: "So, your bill..."
"It's not my bill!"
"...would ban so-called 'assault weapons,' but we would be able to keep the ones we already own, right?"
"No, they would all be banned."
"Well, I certainly would obey the law, so the State would be able to purchase my firearms and standard capacity magazines..."
"Yes, that is in the bill..."
"...for the full amount I spent to purchase them, right?"
"No, the state would not be paying THAT much..."
"OK, then, your bill would confiscate our property without just compensation."
"It's not my bill!"

At the end, she started mumbling about "school shootings and domestic terrorism" and I had to let it go because I was going to lose the room.

Fun, though!
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 11:52:44 AM »
THANK YOU BOTH for being involved!  Thank you.

I was at the rally.  Too many sit at home and do NOTHING then complain when Bills get passed.  At that time, it's too late.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 01:48:52 AM »
It was a great turnout.  Had to stand and that was ok.  Good information.  Glad to see they were actively registering voters. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

RLS

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 03:23:15 AM »
I attended the rally. When Delcollo was speaking I told the guy sitting next to me that Delcollo was part of the problem. The guy looked at me like I had two heads. I said Delcollo voted "Yes" on SB 22, the bill which gives the Delaware electoral college votes to the winner of the national popular vote. The guy said something about knowing Delcollo for years, and he didn't think so. He said he'd look into it and speak to Delcollo.  Too late, we were thrown under the bus, helping to entrench our enemies.

Rick

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »
[quote author

Rick

Agreed that tampering with the electoral college is a horrible idea, but Senator Delcollo is 100% on our side

on the gun issue and that is what we must laser focus on.  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:09:57 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »
Of interest on the subject of the doing away with the Electoral College, recently, of all people, Supreme Court Liberal Justice RBG had this to say to Rep. AOC:

https://www.westernjournal.com/ruth-bader-ginsburg-gives-aoc-reality-check-dream-axing-electoral-college/

Basically saying, It ain't happening sweetie.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 01:08:39 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun