Author Topic: open carry  (Read 15424 times)

norwood

Re: open carry
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 12:55:17 AM »
can you open carry in your place of business if you own the business and the building?

i have been lurking over at the Delaware open carry forum. And it does seem like many do it for a bragging rights, or just to instigate the "because i can" debate. they have threads there where people log their open carrying experiences day in and day out and what troubles they ran into or how great it was, so it seems as if many are carrying openly lookin to get some sort of response be it positive or negative. but honestly i don't think it is a smart choice for many different reasons. in my opinion there are more reasons on the negative side then on a positive side.. i think it's better to try and change society's outlook on gun carrying first instead of rubbing the anti gun peoples faces in it by walking around with a loaded weapon on your hip for full display. that just makes them vote more anti gun quicker.  and to be walking around with a loaded firearm just creates a target on your back to get snuck up on and have your gun stolen and yourself killed. or have him kill someone with your weapon and the cops come looking for you.  A professional perp can catch anyone of us by surprise. i could stand behind one of those open carriers in line at walmart and have his gun in a second. just think what a career criminal would do to get his hands on that sparkling new sig. if you carry everyday they will know your daily routine and habits and can plot a sneak attack on you in a heart beat. of course they will say that will never happen and no one will ever get the drop on them.. but give me a break. i like hank don't like to have all my cards on the table.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:14:38 AM by norwood »

Hank

Re: open carry
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 11:36:37 AM »
Hi everyone.
There's an old saying, " Walk softly, but carry a big stick " I think that was said by Teddy Roosevelt???

Semper Fi all. Hank.