Author Topic: My timeline so far.  (Read 17136 times)

Grebnehtor

My timeline so far.
« on: December 29, 2009, 08:22:06 PM »
Well I figured I'd post my current timeline for those who are in the process or starting it soon for their DE CCW.

DE CCW Class Taken - March 2009
Ad run in local paper - March 2009
Application filled out - March 2009
Fingerprints and background check - March 2009

References - October 2009

Everything mailed in as 1 complete package - October 5th, 2009

Check cashed for application by Prothonatary - October 15th, 2009 (roughly)

AG Letter arrives stating I'm good to go - April 20th, 2010

Permit arrived! - May 3rd, 2010

I became busy and everything was put on the back burner for half the year before I got the references done and mailed off in October.  I called the office December 10th, 2009 and they told me that its taking 3-4 months for the AG to get back to you.  They said that if I had filed anything incorrectly I would have received a letter back from them by now.

I know everyone says that there are time lines for things, such as the ad in the paper and the background check.  Well the ad in the paper must be done 10 days PRIOR to the app being submitted, but in my case it was 6 months before.  The background check says within 30 days of the app being submitted, but it didn't say that you couldn't do it prior to that.  The way it's worded and explained over the phone meant to me that an app submitted without paid background\fingerprints with it or following it by 30 days would be discarded.  Could that be wrong?  Maybe, but they haven't told me that yet and sounded like all was well on the phone.  It just seems that they are really swamped with all the applications.

Steve

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:19:33 AM by Grebnehtor »

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: My timeline so far.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »
Good luck with getting your permit, I know it can be a long and annoying process
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:52:47 PM »
Although they may be swamped now, they've always been – ridiculously slow.  Stuff gets lost, calls get missed, the file gets misplaced or backburnered for some reason.  It takes time.  Honestly.   As far as the current swamping, I believe that started in 2008 – and has no sign of letting up.  Given that people read TNJ and see the local TV news out of Philly – they have a steady supply of new people realizing that the only person out there looking to defend you is you.

Good luck.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 11:53:45 AM »
I'm perfectly fine with their system being slow if it's due to them being overwhelmed with new applicants and renewals.  That would be a great thing!  However, if it's just sloppy workmanship, then Houston, we have a problem.  BUT... I'm not complaining.  Mine was only about 90 days from the time I handed in my paperwork. 

Hope your process gets a speedy boost, Greb!!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

trevor

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:38:24 PM »
Mine was just about 90 too. I started in sept. I did do one thing out of sequence - I had taken my class in august, and submitted that documentation WITH my app instead of after.I don't know if that helped...

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 04:43:06 PM »
Trevor, I did the same thing.  Hmmm..  maybe there's something to that?!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Grebnehtor

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 01:32:24 AM »
Nothing yet.  The wait continues...

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 01:03:54 PM »
Guy on the OC site said his took 6 months.  Prep for a LONG wait.  If it comes in sooner GREAT.

And yes, I was always under the impression you had to file WITHIN 30 days of finger printing.
Knew about the ad in the paper.

This WILL BE the longest wait you've ever experienced.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Grebnehtor

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 05:38:38 PM »
After lighting some fires under peoples asses I found out my permit was held up by the fact that my background check was done outside of the window and my app had been put on hold and they had NEVER told me until I pressed them. 

Background checks must be done within 30 days of filing regardless of what they will tell you over the phone as it has cost me a major hold up without notification.  The lady on the phone may say otherwise but my app has been in for over 5 months and the old BG check held it up.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 06:30:14 PM »
That sucks! Are they going to proceed with it or do you have to start over?
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 07:18:35 PM »
I ran into a issue where mine didn't get done or was lost. So it took an additional month to get my permit, and this was back when it only took 90 days.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
yikes. 

I'd be HOT!  

Moosie

Grebnehtor

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 08:35:02 PM »
I took care of it all today and will be mailing out the BG receipt tomorrow morning, hopefully hear from the AG later next week or the week after.

I know A LOT more about whats going on with the permits then I can say right now, but lets just say its not good for some.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 01:09:07 AM »
II know A LOT more about whats going on with the permits then I can say right now, but lets just say its not good for some.
Ok Grebnehtor I'm gonna call "bull feces" that you know more about what's going on with the permits but that you can't say. I have a serious petpeve about people hinting more then they can say so put up or shut up.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:43:06 AM by Sigarms12 »

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 01:35:44 AM »
yikes. 

I'd be HOT!  

Moosie
We thought that you were already hot.  Oh, never mind..
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."