Author Topic: "Have you ever been denied a permit?"  (Read 2499 times)

Packing_Nine

"Have you ever been denied a permit?"
« on: July 30, 2019, 06:29:13 PM »
I live in Delaware. I have my Delaware CCW license in good standing. I encountered no problems when the license was first issued, nor has there been any problems during renewal. I also have my Pennsylvania LTCF. Again, no problems.

I live too close to the Maryland border, as I suspect many Delawareans do, simply due to the size and proximity of our states. I would like to apply for a Maryland non-resident carry permit. Based on the reputation of Maryland's willingness to issue such permits, I suspect my efforts would be for naught.

Delaware's renewal form asks the following question:

"Have you ever been denied a permit?"

And if yes, they ask that you specify which state has denied your application for permit. If I apply for a Maryland permit, but get denied, will I be causing myself problems the next time my Delaware renewal comes around? Surely someone has already found themselves in this situation.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: "Have you ever been denied a permit?"
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 10:39:42 PM »
You will probably be wasting your time and money applying for a MD. permit, as I am told you have convince them your life is in eminent danger in order for them to consider a permit. And MD does not issue non-resident permits. You did say you actually lice on the DE. side of the line?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 11:06:18 PM »
As he said, not only do they not offer non-resident, residents have a hard time getting one.  But your DE and PA permits will get you about 30+ states, none of which is MD., or NJ.  MD is not as bad as NJ.  Get caught w/1 hollow point in NJ, not even the gun, and go to jail forever, mas o menos.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:10:02 PM by Just Bill »
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 09:58:57 AM »
I have to agree.   Don’t try it.  You will be denied and that fact alone is cause for denial in some states and may cause problems in Delaware.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 12:15:56 PM »
Get caught w/1 hollow point in NJ, not even the gun, and go to jail forever, mas o menos.

Maybe, maybe not.....

Hollow Nose or Hollow Point Bullets
In New Jersey, it is also illegal to possess hollow nose or hollow point bullets unless you are engaged in one of the activities that are considered “exemptions.” These include: hunting, fishing, and target shooting. You may also possess hollow nose or hollow point bullets on your personal property or while traveling to or from a point of purchase. Possession of hollow nose or hollow point bullets is considered a fourth degree crime, punishable by a sentence to serve up to 18 months in New Jersey State Prison.

https://www.newjerseygunlawyers.com/ammunition-new-jersey/ AND
https://www.njsp.org/firearms/transport-hollowpoint.shtml
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Packing_Nine

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 01:12:57 PM »
As he said, not only do they not offer non-resident...

Actually, he did not say they do not offer non-resident permits. Maryland does have provisions within the permit application for out-of-state applicants. This has been discussed before (topic 5588, msg 41404).

What he said was that they do not issue non-resident permits, which is for all intents and purposes completely true. Or at least, 99.9999% true. I have met an individual who, due to the nature of his profession and choice wording on his application, has somehow managed to get a Maryland non-resident. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his claim.

Again, I recognize the odds are slim and the circumstances must be exactly just so. The information I was seeking was whether a Maryland denial would cause trouble in Delaware. Clarence seems to think it will, and that is probably good enough reason not to try.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »
I figured that if I made an off the wall statement, I would get the correct answers, without doing the actual research.  Those guys are good!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 09:07:30 AM »
Have you heard of this?
MD CCW Lawsuit
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Packing_Nine

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 06:54:12 PM »
It's been going on for years. Hope something changes soon.

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=2232.0

Wayne15464

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 08:00:37 PM »
As he said, not only do they not offer non-resident...

Actually, he did not say they do not offer non-resident permits. Maryland does have provisions within the permit application for out-of-state applicants. This has been discussed before (topic 5588, msg 41404).

What he said was that they do not issue non-resident permits, which is for all intents and purposes completely true. Or at least, 99.9999% true. I have met an individual who, due to the nature of his profession and choice wording on his application, has somehow managed to get a Maryland non-resident. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his claim.

Again, I recognize the odds are slim and the circumstances must be exactly just so. The information I was seeking was whether a Maryland denial would cause trouble in Delaware. Clarence seems to think it will, and that is probably good enough reason not to try.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Yep, I'd have no reason to doubt someone that "told" me they had a MD non-Resident CCW.

BTW, I'm just back from Mars, on my way to Jupiter.  ;)