Author Topic: Upcoming  (Read 1158 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
Upcoming
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:47:20 PM »
I know there are a lot of you watching and waiting to see what new laws will be forced on us with this "we have to do something" mentality.  But no one is posting here.  I also know the DSSA is scrambling as is the NRA to try and side track legislation that will not do a thing to stop these incidents.  But our elected officials will make some people feel good that our gument is doing something.  And in the process, eliminating another part of our freedoms.
'
Red flag laws only put the burden of proof on us, as opposed to 'innocent until proven guilty'.  We are the ones that will have to fork over many $$$ to get our firearms back when a whacky neighbor hollers...he has guns.

And we all know how well background checks work.  If you are denied for good cause, nothing happens.  Why aren't those that are denied, charged with falsifying a document or worse.  In many cases, firearms in mass shooting were legally purchased or stolen.  If stolen, they already broke the law.  If legally purchased, that system does not work, so confiscate all firearms.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

MarkB

• Life Member
Re: Upcoming
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 12:48:27 AM »
I was wondering if we could send emails and phone calls to Townsend and others that Delaware is complicit in Delaware's gun problems by the AG's office refusal to prosecute the gun laws that Townsend and others have passed.  We can shed a light on that problem.  Delaware should do something like "Project Exile" that was done in Richmond, VA, a few years ago.  If you are found guilty of using a firearm in a crime you get an additional 5 years on top of the sentence for the crime you committed.

What do you think?
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Upcoming
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 11:25:57 AM »
I doubt that Mr Townsend or others responsible for the laws they pass would like that, let's do it.  I have long been a fan of Project Exile, except the part where they left Richmond and came here.  It worked very well, but no one has tried it since, no idea why not.  As for background checks, if you are denied, that is the end of it.  It is a crime to submit a false document, so why are they not prosecuted for that?
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith