Author Topic: Event carry question  (Read 1454 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Event carry question
« on: February 28, 2020, 04:36:15 AM »
I am attending an event in Dover called ,Jeep Back to the Blue. It helps supports fallen officers and their families. My question is, the event is being held in the parking lot at Dover Downs on the opposite side where the race track entrance is. No one will be in an actual building unless you have a ticket to drive your Jeep on the track, I don't. Can i open/ conceal carry. Mind you, it is not a sporting event. I proposed this question to the event site on facebook and now of course it has caused a big discussion. No one has said anything about signs being posted saying firearms are not permitted. Since i will just be walking around, can i still carry.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Event carry question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 11:21:10 AM »
Never a fan of open carry, especially in the current atmosphere, but concealed means exactly that.  No one knows but you, and how would you feel if that show was the one where a whacko appeared and your firearm was in your car?

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 11:55:19 AM »
I proposed this question to the event site on facebook and now of course it has caused a big discussion.
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.  (I think lesson learned)

No one has said anything about signs being posted saying firearms are not permitted. Since i will just be walking around, can i still carry.
Signs mean nothing in DE UNLESS one of the places that are off limits.

If you carry and are asked to leave, you must do so.

Enjoy the event and next time DON'T ASK!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »
I'm just asking you , since you guys seem to know a lot more than i do, a lot more than most. By law am i allowed to carry at all there.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 10:55:07 PM »
Unless you have to go thru a metal detector, who will know.  As Radnor says, they may not like it but it is not illegal.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith