Author Topic: Went Looking For an Off Body Carry Holster/Device For In My Car  (Read 3000 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Went Looking For an Off Body Carry Holster/Device For In My Car
« on: September 22, 2019, 04:53:45 PM »
So, I went shopping for a holster to secure my firearm while in my car that will give me easy access. I looked at the magnets (didn't want to drill into my new car), under the steering wheel holsters, and a variety of others. I quickly became discouraged in not finding just what I wanted. I changed my search to car seat covers, just for the cushions, not the backs. This is what I found. These sear covers have pockets on the front edge of the seats that seemed about right. I stuck my Sig 365 into a pocket and I liked it. It might not be ideal for all situations but it seems to work for me. I believe that if it is brilliant but it works, it is not brilliant.  So what do you guys think? Yes or no?

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Went Looking For an Off Body Carry Holster/Device For In My Car
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 10:42:17 PM »
I have a PepBoys cup holder in front of the middle seat in my truck.  Perfect place for whatever gun I have that day.  I throw a towel over it so as not to be too tempting.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

topper

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 03:16:33 AM »
I like how it looks easy to access, but crash worthless is kind of a big deal to me. I feel I'm more likely to be in a car accident than a shooting, so I'd be concerned that the pistol could "get lost" or become a projectile during an accident. I even carry a pocket knife with a window breaker and seat belt cutter in such a way I could reach it with either hand. I've never been in anything worse then a fender bender, but my military background has made me a little concerned about safety, especially in transportation.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:26:02 AM »
Whatever works for you. Personally, I would consider using the glove box. That's assuming it can be reached easily.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 01:41:22 PM »
I like how it looks easy to access, but crash worthless is kind of a big deal to me. I feel I'm more likely to be in a car accident than a shooting, so I'd be concerned that the pistol could "get lost" or become a projectile during an accident.

I have the same concerns.  All forms of carry will have its own limitations and the best we can do is to try to guard against what each one of us feels is the most likely scenario.  I will probably keep using this for now until I fine something better.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 01:42:54 PM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
I always carry on me when driving. If I intend on leaving my truck or car, I use a gun vault in the console, like if I go to a Gov't bldg.
But I never use anything to carry my pistol, other than my V3.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun