Author Topic: Part-Time Resident  (Read 9968 times)

MarkG

Part-Time Resident
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »
New member here.  I love the forum!

I have a vacation home in Bethany, but am a full-time resident of PA.  I've been wanting to carry in DE for some time now, and am getting serious about it now.  Obviously, I'm not eligible for a DE permit, and DE doesn't recognize my PA permit.

Therefore, am I correct that my best option is either FL or UT?  Also, it appears that FL would be easier to obtain, due to UT requiring a state-approved course.  FL has several courses that would meet the requirement.  Am I correct?

Also, where are the best places to go to the range in the Bethany area?

Thanks in advance.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Part-Time Resident
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
Welcome and thanks for joining, yes FL would be a good choice. Not too sure about ranges down state one of our down state members I'm sure could help you out there.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

MarkG

Re: Part-Time Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  It looks as though Florida's training requirement is the most convenient to satisfy.  But there is a Utah certified instructor near me.  I'm going to give him a call, too.

After four generations of family vacations, and 5yrs of home ownership in DE, I'm trying to become more involved with my local area down there.  It's a great place.  So, if anyone needs any commercial, industrial or institutional construction services, I'm all ears.  I'd love to start working down there!