Author Topic: Printing, does it matter to you.  (Read 211 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Printing, does it matter to you.
« on: November 26, 2019, 06:05:41 PM »
I use to worry about it the first year i had my CCW. Always trying to find the best holster, trying to figure out which shirt fist the best over my firearm and if i'm printing. Now after 2 1'2 years of carrying i could care less who see's it. Most of the time in the summer i open carry. I only buy my holsters from one guy who hand makes them and the only time they're hidden is if it's fall and winter when i have a jacket on. I know people say, if you have conceal carry, why not, and sometimes i do, But now it's just a matter of preference. Anymore i feel naked if i don't have my firearm with me.This is what i look like in the summer
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Printing, does it matter to you.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 07:21:58 PM »
I prefer not to advertise, I usually wear loose, untucked flannel shirts in winter, and my pocket holster(S&W 642) in summer.  Cargo shorts work well.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 07:50:27 AM »
Sad to say, I'm sure half of the public would miss it (face planted in phones/clueless).
I would move the knife to the right pocket.  Also, look into a Spyderco wave, Emerson, or
Kershaw w/ Emerson blade.  If you look them up, you'll understand why.

Like you, I'm a lefty. BUT I shoot RH.  So, left pocket is wallet / knife.  Hopefully I NEVER have to
find out - if being robbed I can access wallet hand it or drop it and access gun.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor, CRSO
Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In The Home,
Personal Protection Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety,
and Reloading

Also offer Delaware CCDW training.  PM me for details.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 08:59:10 AM »
Just use caution when out of state. Some states have laws against printing if you are a permit holder.
Good looking holster btw.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 05:01:05 PM »
I am much more concerned that I have quick access than if I am “printing”.  I dress to carry.  Extra long Carhartt vest is good this time of year. 

I OWB 3:30.   Always have a holster that covers the muzzle.  If somebody sees the bottom of the holster, 99.9% have no idea what they’re seeing. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:33:59 AM by Clarence »
DE PA  FL ccw. NRA Life Member. Sussex County

For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 09:44:09 AM »
Like Freakshow I frequently open carry during the warmer months but when I choose to conceal I do my best to completely conceal. I don't like to print.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 11:04:18 AM »
I am much more concerned that I have quick access than if I am “printing”.  I dress to carry.  Extra long Carhartt vest is good this time of year. 

I OWB 3:30.   Always have a holster that covers the muzzle.  If somebody sees the bottom of the holster, 99.9% have no idea what they’re seeing.

Exactly, more concerned with a quick draw. I've always been a people watcher, they're more concerned with themselves than they are with anything going on around them. When i conceal, they more than likely think it's a phone carrier.

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 12:47:53 PM »
Correct. Printing is not always a gun. I have a buddy that has a large phone case on his belt that prints, and another that wears a insulin pump for his diabetes. I wear a V3 holster and it makes no more of a print than their item. I have never been questioned by anyone on this.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »
Correct. Printing is not always a gun. I have a buddy that has a large phone case on his belt that prints, and another that wears a insulin pump for his diabetes. I wear a V3 holster and it makes no more of a print than their item. I have never been questioned by anyone on this.

I've had a few people talk to me and my wife about firearms when i open carry. But i have yet to come across anyone try to OUT me in front of people. No one has come up to me with a negative attitude and point out my firearm to a crowd of people or to anyone else. I did recently have a young girl in a grocery store ask me if i were a sheriff. Because her mom told her, if you want to know just ask. So i told them why i carry so they could understand. The world and the news wants people to think that every person who owns a firearm is going to be outed by every person who doesn't believe in it. That's just BS. They want to be heard while on a soap box. But the average joe out there is not walking around checking you out to see if you may have a weapon, they're to concerned with themselves and taking selfies.

NRA Member

navitimer806

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 01:45:28 PM »
one concern about printing and open carry is weapon retention. I think it is generally better not to advertise.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 10:22:21 PM »
all of my firearms holsters that i carry have a strap. Their all custom made by a guy i found on ETSY, JANRICLeather

NRA Member