Author Topic: Craigslist Scams  (Read 56 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Craigslist Scams
« on: December 02, 2019, 01:08:19 PM »
I use Craigslist to buy and sell things. In the last 4 years I have bought, refurbished, and resold quite a few utility and boat trailers thru Craigslist. Recently there has been an influx of scams in the Trailer section. There are dealers listing trailers in the Owner section. Then there are people listing trailers as owners that are scammers using a picture of a enclosed trailer that is say obviously worth 3-4 thousand dollars, for $800-$1000 dollars to "hook" you. I have done some research and found the same trailer listed in multiple states with the same picture and copy, listing with 2,3, or 4 different addresses.
I also have found ads using factory photos of the trailer new, when it is like 5 years old. Very deceptive. Beware of the trailer ads with a email address across the picture, usually a women's name in the address like " rhonda87@gmail.com" these are definitely scams. If you contact them, they have all kinds of questions for you, trying to find out personal info like name, address, phone number, and banking info.
DON'T BE A FOOL! AVOID THESE SCAMS, AND FLAG THEM AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE. IT ONLY TAKES A COUPLE OF FLAGGINGS TO GET THEM DELETED.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my Gun