Author Topic: PA permit renewal  (Read 1940 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
PA permit renewal
« on: February 21, 2020, 11:44:50 AM »
My PA non res. is due in Oct.  I have always gone to Media which is closer, but parking is terrible.  Last time renewal did not require two trips, but I will have to wait and see where things seem to be working best from you guys.  A trip that takes up most of the day is not my thing.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: PA permit renewal
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
I did Reading Intl Airport for my last renewal.  But, I was headed to Hawk Mountain for Nation Camp School so it was on my way.
A call to Media to see if you can mail it and sign when it's complete - I DONT KNOW.  Would be great for 1 trip there.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 01:46:07 PM »
I did Reading Intl Airport for my last renewal.  But, I was headed to Hawk Mountain for Nation Camp School so it was on my way.
A call to Media to see if you can mail it and sign when it's complete - I DONT KNOW.  Would be great for 1 trip there.

You did it at the Airport?  We are always traveling up into PA anyway so anywhere is good make a day trip about it.  Hit some local shops and get some good food. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »

You did it at the Airport?  We are always traveling up into PA anyway so anywhere is good make a day trip about it.  Hit some local shops and get some good food.

Yep.  Fly in fly out.  Took about 5 minutes.  Where ever you go in PA, I'd call first.  Make sure PICS is up.  If not, waste of your time as they cannot run the BG check.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 02:04:58 PM »
Just would have never thought of going to the air port to get your CCW renewed.  But I will keep that in mind as my PA is up in December.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 02:13:57 PM »
Sheriff sub station there.

DelawareGold

• We the People
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 03:08:46 PM »
My last PA renewal was a few years ago, at Lancaster County. It was a very easy (less than one hour)
process, and I left with my permit in hand. I understand that the situation in PA has changed dramatically,
especially for Non-residents.
This link claims to have "up-to-date" information, county by county for PA.http://www.pafoa.org/counties/
DG
Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 06:47:45 PM »
My last PA renewal was a few years ago, at Lancaster County. It was a very easy (less than one hour)
process, and I left with my permit in hand. I understand that the situation in PA has changed dramatically,
especially for Non-residents.
This link claims to have "up-to-date" information, county by county for PA.http://www.pafoa.org/counties/That link shows Lancaster County issuing non-resident permits. Lancaster County does not issue permits to out of county or out of state residents.
DG
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Sigma4506

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 01:04:24 AM »

I did mine at the airport also -in and out in 15 min - Media was going to take 2 weeks , declined because someone used my name in 70s LUCKY he was finger printed so i got a letter from sheriff office for a letter of approval -Pain in Butt
74 Army vet - Fort Leonardwood MO

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 09:23:39 AM »
Reading airport this last time. For me it's a day trip no matter if it were Reading or Lancaster as I drive from down state.
If you are not familiar with the area I suggest getting route instructions.It takes about the same amount of time to get to either place.
 It took me 15 minutes to renew that day as there was no one there but me and the deputy on duty. Was very happy to help me.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member