Author Topic: Current wait time?  (Read 7550 times)

Mike123

Current wait time?
« on: February 27, 2020, 09:02:04 PM »
I know that I need to be patient, but patience has never been my thing. Anyone have any idea on the current wait time for a new permit? I handed in everything including my training certificate and driving history from NY. It's only been 4 weeks but I'm hoping it's not too much longer!

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Current wait time?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:16:31 PM »
Which county?

Having asked that, it's a long process that gets longer at certain times of year... like right now, since all current permits expire May 31st of their expiration year.
It's a good sign that some of the first New Castle County renewals filed have already come in, but you still might not see anything until June.

Please keep us posted.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 10:26:18 PM »
A good rule of thumb would be 2 months. Like Old Gray said they process the renewals first as there is a deadline, and every year there are more and more permits to renew as more and more people apply as first timers. It's like everything else. Hurry up and wait. Patients is a virtue. 1st permit is for 3 years, then after that, when renewal is complete the next is 5 years.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Mike123

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 11:41:59 PM »
NCC. I know it's the longest wait. I guess I'll be working on my patience for a bit more! I'll report back when it finally comes.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 10:15:59 AM »
Six months is about right. You now live in the state that is the most difficult and expensive to get your license (of the states that you Stand a fighting chance of getting a license).  You renewal three years hence will be a breeze though. 

Did you have a pistol license in New York?
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 12:00:02 PM »
A good rule of thumb would be 2 months.
Unless NCC. Which the OP is in.

6 Mos.

You mentioned driving record.  FULL NOTARIZED copy??  Since you submitted that, I'm assuming you've been here < 2-5 yrs.

And I think it's a little early to start checking the mailbox.  But you might want to just in case.  (Yes, being a smart A@@)  The wait SUCKS. We've been through it too.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Mike123

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 01:40:12 PM »
I got the application and everything for the NY pistol permit but it's about $500 all in, takes about a year to complete, and requires multiple visits to 1 Police Plaza. And that's all just to be able to go purchase a firearm. CCW is virtually impossible to obtain in the city. I knew I wanted to eventually move out so opted to save my money and not to move forward with the application.

Yes, I submitted a fully notarized driving record sent directly from the NY DMV. I've only been here since June so I tried to send as much info as I can the first time so it doesn't get delayed at all. I'll be happy when the wait is over! Hopefully by May or June!

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »
Radnor is right. A 2 mos. wait is not much of a reality in NCC. I didn't know you chose to live there. Choices have consequences. NCC is loaded with Left- wing liberal anti-gun Democrats.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 02:18:38 PM »
NCC is loaded with Left- wing liberal anti-gun Democrats.
And UNFORTUNATELY, control the direction of the State.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 11:37:03 AM »
I got the application and everything for the NY pistol permit but it's about $500 all in, takes about a year to complete, and requires multiple visits to 1 Police Plaza. And that's all just to be able to go purchase a firearm. CCW is virtually impossible to obtain in the city. I knew I wanted to eventually move out so opted to save my money and not to move forward with the application.

Yes, I submitted a fully notarized driving record sent directly from the NY DMV. I've only been here since June so I tried to send as much info as I can the first time so it doesn't get delayed at all. I'll be happy when the wait is over! Hopefully by May or June!

Wow.  NYC.   Of course buying a gun in Delaware will present no problems at all, but the biggest issue that folks find when moving here is the five references in county.  This has been the law in Delaware since 1911 ( as well as the newspaper).  It is actually an anachronism as the background check we have in place in this day and age has really eliminated the “need” for this. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Memphis

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 06:54:32 PM »
My wait was 4 months.  Received my permit yesterday in the mail.

Mike123

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 06:05:43 PM »
I imagine my wait time will be pushing beyond 6 months given the current circumstances. Regardless I'll be running the mailbox every afternoon!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 06:16:46 PM »
I imagine my wait time will be pushing beyond 6 months given the current circumstances. Regardless I'll be running the mailbox every afternoon!
Sad, but true.  Hang in there.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 11:09:20 PM »
Hang in there and since most are hunkered down at home, you can wear you gun daily to get use to concealed carry. That way you won't be as self conscious when the big day comes and you get to go on you first Wally Mart Walk.
Just don't get so use to it you go out still wearing it concealed and get pinched.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 11:38:22 PM »
Hang in there and since most are hunkered down at home, you can wear you gun daily to get use to concealed carry.
No he CANNOT!  Please cite the law where CC is ok EVEN on (or in) your own property w/o a permit to do so.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:40:41 PM by Radnor »