Author Topic: Some basic CCW questions that I should know but never asked when I got my permit  (Read 6302 times)

Delguy

Thanks all!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
No carry open or concealed in Gov't buildings or school property at any time unless you are a police officer.

The italics are mine for emphasis. So, if I have a valid license as provided by section 1441 (i.e., the Delaware CCDW permit) then I am not guilty of violating 1442. And if I have not violated 1442, then in what way have I committed the offense as defined in 1457?

Short answer: no offense.  See discussion here for an informal AG response.

It is also important to be aware of Federal Laws. 18 USC 922 2qa-b also applies.  See synopsis here.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:36:56 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Carrying in your home is from a court decision.  I’ll look it up later. I don’t believe on your property outside your home was addressed.   I believe it was a knife case of a druggie being arrested in his own home.

Clarence,
Is this the case you were talking about??  I searched (dont want to admit how long).  Had a copy saved in CC folder....

Clarence.  BUMP

Was this the item you were looking for?  #8
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
I’m not sure that was it. In that case it was a “Concealed Dangerous Instrument” and the judge ruled it was not actually concealed.  I will try some more.  Wish I had noted the case last time I found it.  Stay tuned.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

shark19966

Is there a link for no carry list. I know fed and state building shooter supply, but I thinks cover and chistaina mall are on that list too

Packing_Nine

Is there a link for no carry list?

There's a whole board for that:

http://deccw.com/index.php?board=23.0

Be sure to understand what is considered a "no-carry" location (under state or Federal law), and what is meant by an establishment displaying a "gun free zone" sign.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 10:38:40 PM by Packing_Nine »

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 02:04:36 AM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.