CCW Methods & Issues > New CCW Permit Holders

Current wait time?

(1/5) > >>

Mike123:
I know that I need to be patient, but patience has never been my thing. Anyone have any idea on the current wait time for a new permit? I handed in everything including my training certificate and driving history from NY. It's only been 4 weeks but I'm hoping it's not too much longer!

oldgraygeek:
Which county?

Having asked that, it's a long process that gets longer at certain times of year... like right now, since all current permits expire May 31st of their expiration year.
It's a good sign that some of the first New Castle County renewals filed have already come in, but you still might not see anything until June.

Please keep us posted.

SturmRugerSR9:
A good rule of thumb would be 2 months. Like Old Gray said they process the renewals first as there is a deadline, and every year there are more and more permits to renew as more and more people apply as first timers. It's like everything else. Hurry up and wait. Patients is a virtue. 1st permit is for 3 years, then after that, when renewal is complete the next is 5 years.

Mike123:
NCC. I know it's the longest wait. I guess I'll be working on my patience for a bit more! I'll report back when it finally comes.

Clarence:
Six months is about right. You now live in the state that is the most difficult and expensive to get your license (of the states that you Stand a fighting chance of getting a license).  You renewal three years hence will be a breeze though. 

Did you have a pistol license in New York?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version