Author Topic: CCW holster for P365 XL  (Read 3034 times)

21fred

CCW holster for P365 XL
« on: March 05, 2020, 12:15:39 PM »
Disclaimer: I did a search and did not see this topic so, I hope I am not repeating something that's already been talked about.

I just picked up a P365 XL for Concealed Carry.  It was a hard choice; I really liked the P365 SAS but have seen lots of negative press on it.

Looking for a secure and comfortable Concealed Carry holster.  I have a clip-on IWB for my LCP but the handle sits down inside my belt and I doubt id be able to draw in a timely manner of I needed to!

Looking for something secure, comfortable and concealable if that exists.  I don't have a lot of experience with other holsters.  I am fairly thin concealing is a little difficult.

Thanks for any advice!

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: CCW holster for P365 XL
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 01:50:18 PM »
Might want to check out one of these, made for the S/S P365 XL:

https://clingerholsters.com/sig-p365-xl-holsters/

or these:

https://www.theholsterstore.net/Handgun-Holsters-s/2013.htm

All made for the S/S P365 XL, and moderately priced.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 01:55:08 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

DelawareGold

• We the People
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 03:57:12 PM »
Believe it or not, all of my IWB carry holsters come from "The Well Armed Woman" website.
Adjustable ride, adjustable cant, full sweat shield, most are designed to cover the mag release.
Made to conceal under sheer, and tight fitting clothes. Laugh at me if you want to, but after a
drawer full of holsters, I went with what works for me.
DG
Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

21fred

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 11:10:04 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 01:25:09 PM »
I’ve been wearing Alien Gear holsters for several years now.  Comfortable and easy to adjust. Multiple styles.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 09:47:19 PM »
+1 for alien gear.  Retired the holster with metal clips.  Too much dammage on car seats and furniture.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 02:31:59 PM »
I have been carrying for about 8 years now. I have only purchased 2 holsters and do not plan on buying any more. Of the 2 holsters I have, 1 is leather, from The Holster Store in Florida, and the other is Kydex, from the Clinger Holster Company.
My personal preference of the 2 is the V3 from Clinger. It gives me the best concealment and hugs my body the best with no printing.. It is convertible so it can be used on right or left or in back. Can be used for right or left cross-draw if you choose. All around, a great holster for concealed carry.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

21fred

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 12:52:23 AM »
Update: I ended up getting the Clinger.  Used it IWB with the two clips; tried it converted to the gear version with one plastic clip in the middle; I didn't like the play of the clip on the belt. It didn't seem to hold the handle in a firm position (maybe I"m being too picky) so I converted it back and it works well in the 5 o'clock position.

I am wondering if anyone has had success using an OWB for concealed carry?  I think that might fit better depending on the pants I am wearing.

Thanks

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 02:20:12 PM »
An OWB holster usually doesn't conceal as well as a IWB because the IWB holds the holster and gun in close to your body, where as the OWB is just fastened to your belt. I use the V3 from Clinger Holsters and have no concealment problem and am sold on that version of the Clinger holster myself. It works for me.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:22:47 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

RLS

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 09:04:03 PM »
I use an OWB holster most of the time, with no issues. It is all about dressing around the gun. I don't wear my outer shirt tucked in unless I am in a formal dress setting, such as a wedding.

As my age and weight have increased while my health has deteriorated I have changed what I carry. The weight of the gun has the most bearing on whether I carry it.  I have a number of Don Hume JIT holsters, they are priced well and do a nice job with semi-autos. For revolvers, I have several holsters from Lobo and no complaints of quality. All OWB.

Rick

21fred

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 11:27:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies!