CCW Methods & Issues > New CCW Permit Holders

Some basic CCW questions that I should know but never asked when I got my permit

(1/5) > >>

Delguy:
Hi all,
I have been a licensed DE/PA CCW permit holder for quite some time and wouldn't consider myself a newbie.
Having said that, there are some basic questions I've gathered over time that I should know but I don't.
Hopefully by getting answers here I will help educate others who may of had the same questions or possibly never though to ask.

1. Does having a DE CCW permit include the right for me to conceal carry loaded rifles either on my person (not really what I am looking to do) and/or in my car (this is really why I am asking)?
I believe that PA CCW permit pertains to handguns only but does give some leeway as to how you transport a rifle in your vehicle.

2. Is a DE CCW permit valid on Delaware's waterways, such as carrying in a boat, a jet ski or on a kayak?  If so, are the laws the same?

3. Does a person need a DE CCW permit to conceal carry either in their residence or outside on their own property?

Thanks all.

Just Bill:
Not an expert on DE code, but the permit is to carry a "deadly weapon" and refers to 11 Del. C. section 1441.  I could not find a definition of a "deadly weapon there.  I am sure it exists somewhere.  De says anything that fires a projectile is a firearm, including your kids slingshot.  But the license does not mention firearms. 

2. As long as the waterway in within the DE boundary, I would say yes.

3.  As I understand the law, you can carry on your property, concealed or not.

Not sure how you would conceal a rifle, but it is a weapon.  Don't let my TC or Radnor see this, it could cost me....nah!!

SturmRugerSR9:
As I understand it, you can carry anything but a switch blade knife, or a fully automatic machine gun, concealed under Delaware Concealed Carry Law.

Radnor:

--- Quote from: Delguy on March 09, 2020, 10:15:38 PM ---1. Does having a DE CCW permit include the right for me to conceal carry loaded rifles either on my person (not really what I am looking to do) and/or in my car (this is really why I am asking)?
I believe that PA CCW permit pertains to handguns only but does give some leeway as to how you transport a rifle in your vehicle.

--- End quote ---
On your person, I'd say yes.  In a vehicle, NO it's a DNREC regulation where you cannot have a loaded long gun in or leaning against a vehicle.  Will look up the code later.

--- Quote from: Delguy on March 09, 2020, 10:15:38 PM ---2. Is a DE CCW permit valid on Delaware's waterways, such as carrying in a boat, a jet ski or on a kayak?  If so, are the laws the same?

--- End quote ---
Need to look this up too, I think again no
https://lawcenter.giffords.org/guns-in-vehicles-in-delaware/ - CONSIDER THE SOURCE!

--- Quote from: Delguy on March 09, 2020, 10:15:38 PM ---3. Does a person need a DE CCW permit to conceal carry either in their residence or outside on their own property?

--- End quote ---
YES.  I have yet to find where you can CC on or IN your own property without a CCDW

Just Bill:
Just a thought, but it is called 'concealed carry' so no one will know unless it is no longer concealed, it then becomes open carry.  Then you might need that permit???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version