CCW Methods & Issues > General CCW Discussion

Coronavirus impact on renewals

(1/4) > >>

coolwrld:
Hello Everyone,

First I want to say I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.  So unfortunately I drug my feet a little too long and didn't get my submission for my permit renewal submitted (in person at Wilmington courthouse) until January 20th.  As of yet I have not seen a new permit.  I'm assuming with everything being shut down all bets are off as to how long it will take to clean up any backlog once things (hopefully) get back to normal.  As a result I have a couple of questions

1. Has anyone that may have submitted a renewal in New Castle County as late as me received their updated permit or any other kind of notice?
2. I know in theory since I have submitted my renewal prior to the 5/2020 expiration I can continue to carry (plan on having appropriate documentation showing the submission with me).  Is that allowed indefinitely until such time as I have received my new permit or been notified my renewal was denied?

Any help or guidance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Just Bill:
I would expect it to take longer, but I don't think we will be penalized for the delays.??

SturmRugerSR9:
I believe the dead line for submitting the renewal application is some time in May. Like maybe the 31st.

Radnor:
1442(3) states you are good.   I would carry with me the expired permit, copy of my renewal WITH receipt attached   and a copy of 1442.

I would NOT carry out of State on De permit while expired.

When I submit my renewal I have an extra copy just for this reason.

I do NOT have official word, but read State will extend time 60 to 90 days. Again, NOT from official sources.

Clarence:
As your Delaware license is still valid, I would err on the side of caution and carry out of state.  If we see massive social unrest I would not want to be caught unarmed.  Having proof of Delaware law showing your license to still be valid should be enough.  I would not travel to any state that I cannot carry for the time being.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version