Author Topic: Coronavirus impact on renewals  (Read 5500 times)

coolwrld

Coronavirus impact on renewals
« on: March 23, 2020, 10:20:36 PM »
Hello Everyone,

First I want to say I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.  So unfortunately I drug my feet a little too long and didn't get my submission for my permit renewal submitted (in person at Wilmington courthouse) until January 20th.  As of yet I have not seen a new permit.  I'm assuming with everything being shut down all bets are off as to how long it will take to clean up any backlog once things (hopefully) get back to normal.  As a result I have a couple of questions

1. Has anyone that may have submitted a renewal in New Castle County as late as me received their updated permit or any other kind of notice?
2. I know in theory since I have submitted my renewal prior to the 5/2020 expiration I can continue to carry (plan on having appropriate documentation showing the submission with me).  Is that allowed indefinitely until such time as I have received my new permit or been notified my renewal was denied?

Any help or guidance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated thanks.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Coronavirus impact on renewals
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 10:34:54 PM »
I would expect it to take longer, but I don't think we will be penalized for the delays.??
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 11:46:07 PM »
I believe the dead line for submitting the renewal application is some time in May. Like maybe the 31st.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 01:32:33 AM »
1442(3) states you are good.   I would carry with me the expired permit, copy of my renewal WITH receipt attached   and a copy of 1442.

I would NOT carry out of State on De permit while expired.

When I submit my renewal I have an extra copy just for this reason.

I do NOT have official word, but read State will extend time 60 to 90 days. Again, NOT from official sources.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 12:16:09 PM »
As your Delaware license is still valid, I would err on the side of caution and carry out of state.  If we see massive social unrest I would not want to be caught unarmed.  Having proof of Delaware law showing your license to still be valid should be enough.  I would not travel to any state that I cannot carry for the time being.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 11:08:07 PM »
Saw in the State News this morning that people were lined up waiting to get in to Shooter's Choice, and the article said it was that way at most gun shops in the area. People looking for guns and ammo both. Gun shop in Smyrna almost cleaned out.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

PermitProcessor

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 02:10:49 AM »
New to this group...wanted to provide some helpful information when submitting your renewal or new application to the court. The current situation is that the courts are closed to the public. We are receiving applications via US mail or a drop box (Kent County). I'm not sure if people are panicking or rushing to get their applications in, but we are receiving applications that have to be returned or require a phone call because items are missing, documents are incomplete, photos or payments missing, etc. This will definitely delay processing. It is important to read and FOLLOW all of the instructions. Take 5 minutes to go over your documents and confirm that everything is included. We are all trying to get through this and are doing everything we can to get these permits processed as timely as possible. A little help from the applicants would be appreciated and helpful. Thanks for your time.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 01:54:22 PM »
Processor,
Welcome to the forum. Your input can be valuable.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

PermitProcessor

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 02:23:44 PM »
I would be happy to provide information to anyone who has any questions. There are still a lot of unknowns but we're working through it.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 01:08:57 PM »
I would be happy to provide information to anyone who has any questions. There are still a lot of unknowns but we're working through it.

Thanks and we appreciate your willingness to help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 10:59:35 PM »
Welcome.  One question.  What is the procedure if a license holder moves to a different county?  Do you have to get a new license with a new picture?
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 12:07:24 PM »
Welcome.  One question.  What is the procedure if a license holder moves to a different county?  Do you have to get a new license with a new picture?
Yes. Cost me $5 and got it in a week.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:10:16 PM by del elec »
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

PermitProcessor

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 01:47:24 AM »
You will have to notify Superior Court in your new county of residence. There is a $5 fee for a new card and you may have to supply new photos since your new county doesn't have your file with the pictures.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 11:51:43 AM »
https://governor.delaware.gov/health-soe/nineteenth-state-of-emergency/

F. MISCELLANEOUS:

1. Concealed Carry Permits:

Any person licensed to carry a concealed deadly weapon under 11 Del. C. 1441, whose license expires on June 1, 2020, is granted an extension of their license until August 1, 2020 if, prior to the expiration of their existing license, the licensee submits to the Superior Court a renewal application in compliance with 11 Del. C. § 1441 and the Delaware Superior Court Procedural Rules for Application and Administration of 11 Del. C. § 1441. All other provisions of 11 Del. C. § 1441 remain in full force and effect.
        Paragraph 7 of the Fifth Modification to the State of Emergency is hereby amended to add the following: “f. To the extent necessary to enable submission to the Superior Court of a renewal application in compliance with 11 Del. C. § 1441 and the Delaware Superior Court Procedural Rules for Application and Administration of 11 Del. C. § 1441.”
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 01:33:59 PM »
Thanks for the info Radnor. Everybody that has a Concealed Carry Permit should do what I did on reading you post. I reached into my pocket, pulled out my wallet and checked my DECCW expiration date, just to be sure of what it is. I and a lot of us don't think too much of that once we get it and put it in our wallets. So thanks again.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative