Author Topic: Phone scammer  (Read 3518 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Phone scammer
« on: April 04, 2020, 11:02:50 PM »
We keep getting phone calls with a message left in what sounds like some lady from China or Japan. I tried to find out where it was coming from and it said, AT T BCO SBA.  This I found out is AT&T, Beneficial Cargo Owners, Small Business Administration.

Anybody else got anything on this?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Phone scammer
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 11:13:23 PM »
Press different buttons, and you will occasionally get a Chinese-speaking person.
Then, try to repeat back what they say: it confuses them, and wastes even more of their time.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 12:06:26 AM »
No landline any more. I miss it.  I use to mess with them a lot.   Had one wanting to sell me a side of beef.   And their market survey. we could aave. On and on. Left him go on for a while then said I was a vegetarian. ....  click.

Windows & siding. Say you should have called 3 mos ago, just had it done.

Then there was the loan or refinancing.....  will not repeat here what I said. my wife almost came out of her skin!

Now with cell phone I don't answer unless they are in my phonebook. unknowns can leave a message.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 12:08:04 AM »
Also LOVE when Microsoft discovers I have an error with my operating system and call me  with my system running linux
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 02:08:12 AM »
Also LOVE when Microsoft discovers I have an error with my operating system and call me  with my system running linux

"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »

Yes. Been using Linux for 20+ years and now anyone with a Android phone is too. I told them back then Linux was too good to not stick around. And it's never cost me a penny.
I get scammers calling my work cel every day but they can only leave a message. If you aint in the 'book I aint answering.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 02:23:13 PM »
Being an "old fart" myself and still using a Jitterbug flip phone (and not very often either) I don't text, tweet, Facebook or do any other social media. Have no need. I do not answer any calls that are no listed in my phone book. My phone does have text capacity, but I'm not enrolled in that function and if some one sends me a text, I delete it unread. If you are not a friend, relative or neighbor, why would I care what you want? I have even made sure that most of the places I do business with, like doctors, local business, banks, and such have deleted my cell number from their records. If they can't call my landline and leave a message, (and we seldom answer that phone unless we know who it is). If they leave a message and we know them or what they are calling for, we get right back to them. If not, sucks to be them.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 09:17:11 AM »
Kind of got forced to get a "Smart" phone a few years back for work-related reasons. Always being asked to take pictures to pass along to customers and they wanted "good" pictures; something my old flip phone was not capable of. I have a couple brothers who still use flip phones and they pretty much agree with what you say.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 02:23:04 PM »
Been getting phone calls from some one claiming to be from United Healthcare. the number shows up on my phone history as (267)954-2859. I did some research, and you guessed it. That is a scam. Besides, I don't think United Healthcare would be calling and wanting to discuss healthcare information by phone. I believe they would use the mail as it is the approved business method. I believe these scam calls from some one purporting to be from United Healthcare is also a HIPPA violation.

https://www.spydialer.com/results.aspx?sid=11c19852-77eb-49b5-a2fe-023f9431bb20

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative