Author Topic: Question  (Read 3986 times)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 08:27:14 PM »
Djw2033 has a valid concern. By what authority are the rules changed? We are expected to abide by the law, the same is expected of the state.

THANK YOU!!!  That's what I was pointing out too.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 11:05:24 PM »
I don't think any of my referrals were ever contacted.  If they were they never said.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 12:29:57 PM »
MODIFIED SUBJECT RESULT OF MERGING TOPICS Radnor
I have probably signed for about 10.  And refused 2 or 3.   Never contacted.

I think there is a belief out there that if you have retired police, lawyers, etc that you stand a better chance.  I have never seen any difference that the occupational status of affiants makes any difference now days. ( it definitely did 20+ years ago). 

My references included janitors, security guards and bus drivers. I received my license in 9 weeks. 

I know a guy ( that  I signed for) had 2 retired police and a paramedic.  He took 4 1/2 months.

I do know a guy who got a call from AG office requesting he provide an other as one of his was “not good”.  He provided another ( me) and was approved.

I guess the the one year thing by the AG office in their mind is a form of due diligence that they are
abiding by the statutory language of “good character”.   Doesn’t seem fair to new residents but that is the way it is

Might be able to appeal this as the AG only provides a recommendation to the judge.  Although the judge almost always goes by this, you might be able to appeal directly to the judge.  Having had a license in previous state MIGHT help.  Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:09:14 PM by Radnor »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 01:34:23 PM »
As stated earlier by Clarence, Delaware is a "May Issue" State, and that in itself gives those responsible for issuing permits a certain amount of leeway causing gray areas. It is not a black or white issue . What needs to happen is for Delaware to become a "Must Issue", the chances of that happening is little to non.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 01:44:20 PM »
Have to agree with Clarence. So if you think you can waltz into Delaware and apply for, and get, a DECCW right away, your mistake is coming to Delaware, or at least not doing some research first. As for me, I think a person needs to establish themselves and a person of good character first by living clean, stating out of trouble, and establishing a good relationship with others at work and in the community. But that's just me.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:09:45 PM by Radnor »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 07:11:11 PM »
I spoke to Jeff Hauge of DSSA at the Milford rally and he feels that we must leave the CCDW system alone at this point. 

Back in the early 2000s we came very close to getting “shall issue”.  The objections of the AG office and some police agencies were that shall issue would allow nefarious characters to get licensed as long as they had no disqualified convictions.  A sort of “gentleman’s agreement” ensued whereby unless the applicant had some red flags in their background , they would be approved assuming they were not disqualified by law.

this set up the current system that is technically labeled shall issue “in practice”by some.  The only person that I know from first-hand knowledge that has been denied is someone who had the police called to their house numerous times for domestic disturbances but was never tried and convicted for anything.

I have read that some people Have been denied or have been told to wait another year due to past drunk driving convictions That would of course not disqualify them from owning a firearm.

In the 1990s they were only a couple of hundred carry licenses in the state now there are about 20,000 so the system although not perfect is about the best we’re going to get in Delaware.

Another reason by the way that going to court over this probably will not work is that Open Carry has been unanimously declared to be a fundamental constitutional right so it is probably going to fall on deaf ears that the right to keep and bear arms even under article 20 of the of the Delaware state constitution is being violated for concealed carry.  No Delaware court has ever held that concealed carry is a constitutional right.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:20:45 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 02:24:54 AM »

This thread and the Question thread got tangled. Perhaps an admin or the posters can remedy. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:10:22 PM by Radnor »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 04:07:07 PM »
This thread and the Question thread got tangled. Perhaps an admin or the posters can remedy. 

MERGED
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 04:08:18 PM »
Right again Clarence.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative