Author Topic: Quarantined Out of State Renewal  (Read 1580 times)

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
Quarantined Out of State Renewal
« on: May 25, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »
Hey y'all.  I've been quarantined out of state due to my job since March because of COVID.  My permit expires at the end of the month.  Does anyone know if I just overnight my renewal application and pictures to New Castle and have receipt it was delivered before the 31st that I would be good?  Also the form would be notarized by an out of state notary.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Quarantined Out of State Renewal
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 04:34:57 PM »
Notary just verifies signed it. out of state no different.

I would have a copy of the law with me in addition to proof it was received.  Reason is you are out of state and whatever state you are in DOESN'T know Delaware laws  re:ccdw.   If caught  it is my opinion  you'll get to go for a ride while they work it out.

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 04:36:20 PM »
Also copy of your bank statement showing they cashed your check 
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Tandem

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 08:55:38 PM »
Also, Governor extended your license to August 1st with his 19th modification to the Emergency Orders.  You should be fine, but cover yourself with documentation.  I kept pictures of my receipt and the law on my phone, as backup.
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 12:13:08 AM »
Also, Governor extended your license to August 1st with his 19th modification to the Emergency Orders.  You should be fine, but cover yourself with documentation.  I kept pictures of my receipt and the law on my phone, as backup.

Any person licensed to carry a concealed deadly weapon under 11 Del. C. 1441, whose license expires on June 1, 2020, is granted an extension of their license until August 1, 2020 if, prior to the expiration of their existing license, the licensee submits to the Superior Court a renewal application in compliance with 11 Del. C. ยง 1441

Djw2033

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 09:44:30 PM »
As a update they started with new applications a few weeks back .. I was told that I was in phase 2 and the AG has my paperwork.. meaning it made it through the DOJ check already.

3-4 weeks seems like a quick turnaround to me