Author Topic: York County Accepting Out of States  (Read 1852 times)

Bullitt

York County Accepting Out of States
« on: October 29, 2020, 04:59:01 PM »
Just as an FYI, I got my PA out of state license the other day. It looks like there are not many PA counties taking out of state applications at the moment but York is and it was relatively easy. I mailed them copies of my DE CCW license, drivers license, $20 and heard back in less than a week that everything was done. I could pick it up anytime and walked out with the license 15 minutes after arriving (they still take your picture there). York isn't a short drive away but it wasn't a bad Autumn weather drive either.
https://yorkcountypa.gov/courts-criminal-justice/court-courtrelated-offices/sherifs-office/concealed-weapons-permits/licenses-to-carry-firearms.html

trevor

Re: York County Accepting Out of States
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 04:22:03 PM »
Thanks, Bullitt;

I'll go there (had used Lancaster before but their site now say no out of state).

I appreciate you having posted the info!

:)

Packing_Nine

Re: York County Accepting Out of States
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 06:48:27 PM »
I can also recommend York County for those residents of Delaware seeking a PA LTCF. Mine was about to expire (February 2021) and I wanted to take care of it early. I mailed in my application, along with the necessary supporting documentation and the $20 fee. I received an email twelve days later, informing me the permit was ready to pick up. The drive is long, but the weather was pleasant and the traffic light. I might suggest parking in the courthouse garage ($0.75 for thirty minutes or less, which should be more than enough time).

There was no line and no wait inside. You will be reminded of your obligation to notify the Sheriff's office when your Delaware permit expires, or is renewed. I'll repeat that again - when your Delaware carry permit is renewed, you MUST provide the York County Sheriff's office with a colored photocopy of the renewal permit. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of your PA LTCF.

This last part was of particular noteworthiness to me. My DE and my PA permits are both valid for five years, but about 18 months separate the expiration dates.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:10:52 PM by Packing_Nine »