Author Topic: Questions for a New Applicant  (Read 4395 times)

Bullitt

Questions for a New Applicant
« on: June 28, 2020, 07:25:46 PM »
Hi Everyone, few questions below as I prepare to submit my CCW application. Thanks for your help.

1) When I have my fingerprints taken and a background investigation initiated, must I wait for approval before submitting the application or can I submit my receipt with the application and provide it to the Prothonotary's office that day?

2) Should I submit my original CCW firearms safety course certificate with my application or make 2 copies and submit them instead?

3) The application must be notarized then a copy made of that. I know the Prothonotary's office notarizes things but I imagine they won't make a copy of it for me. I assume it's easier to have it notarized at somewhere like a UPS store then a copy made there?

Thanks again.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Questions for a New Applicant
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 10:15:04 PM »
Who did your class?

I told my students they can go from Troop 2 to the prothanary's office.  Once you get printed you MUST file within 45 days or you will have to be printed again (for additional fee).

Get ALL of your original documents together (app, references, ad, receipt for finger printing, and course completion certificate).  Then make 2 copies of EVERYTHING.  You will submit 1 ORIGINAL and 1 copy.  2nd copy is for YOUR records in case they "misplace" something.  Also, sure you were NOT told, write your name on the back of your photos.....

Get the app notarized, then do the step above.

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »

3) The application must be notarized then a copy made of that. I know the Prothonotary's office notarizes things but I imagine they won't make a copy of it for me. I assume it's easier to have it notarized at somewhere like a UPS store then a copy made there?

I'll notarize it.  You're in NCC.  Do you have your photos already?  I print them too.
Class I just had, invited a notary there.  He took care of my students before we finished for the day.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:20:18 PM by Radnor »
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 03:56:40 PM »
I'll ask again, who did you take the course from?

If you don't want to list it here, PM me.

Bullitt

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 06:55:02 PM »
Hi Radnor, thanks for the quick reply and offering your help. I was able to sort it out and submit the application. I took my class with Delmarva Defense.

Have you heard how long NCC is currently taking to process applications?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 07:19:57 PM »
I would say 6 mos plus.  Sure they're working on renewals.

My cousin applied in January and has heard nothing on a new app.

PM inbound

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 10:23:25 PM »
Yeah. This from a Democrat Government that really doesn't want you to have a gun anyways. Don't think they are going to bust their butt to get permits processed.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 09:06:57 PM »
I would say 6 mos plus.  Sure they're working on renewals.

My cousin applied in January and has heard nothing on a new app.

PM inbound

My cousin JUST received her permit today.  New permit, NCC, 8 months

Bullitt

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 04:10:38 PM »
[
My cousin JUST received her permit today.  New permit, NCC, 8 months
[/quote]

Congrats! I eagerly await mine. What was the email address for the person that will provide an update on your application for NCC? I'm having trouble locating it.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 05:21:52 PM »

Bullitt

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 08:06:38 PM »
Finally got it! It took approximately 3.5 months which I suppose is not terrible given everything. Thanks for everyone's help.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 11:18:43 PM »
For NCC, 3.5 mos.  NOT enough pain waiting.  Mail it back.

Congrats.

CroyleDE

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »
Hi.  Am new member and thought I might give feed back on process for both wife and I.   Submitted our packaged directly to Kent County  in middle July 2020.  We got our permits last Saturday 17 October.    Interesting - Wife ordered a S&W M&P ez9 at the same time at a GunShop in Bridgeville.  Still not in yet.
Warm regards to all.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 03:30:40 PM »
Welcome!

Guns are flying off the shelves!  She'll like the EZ.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2020, 04:25:30 PM »
Welcome.  Hope you stay with the Forum and keep us updated on your experiences. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.