Author Topic: Heard of wait times ?  (Read 14423 times)

ttrotter16

Re: Heard of wait times ?
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2020, 04:41:45 PM »
Well, they cashed my check 3 weeks ago, so that is a good sign I take it? Do they typically do that in the beginning regardless of time-frame? Just curious.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2020, 05:04:36 PM »
Yes. Money goes to the bank asap.

Also. I'm sure you are aware of, Del is a MAY ISSUE State.
But, I'm sure you will have no problem there.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2020, 05:06:12 PM »
The waiting sucks.

We've all been there. It seems like forever.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

ttrotter16

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2020, 05:09:46 PM »
Yup, I did know that. Thankfully I don't have anything that should hold them back from issuing. Dotted and crossed everything form wise before I submitted. All that's left to do now is hurry up and wait :)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2020, 10:35:36 PM »
I've been told that if you are turned down for a permit, the state still keeps your money like most other states do also.
They say the charge is to process the application, they did, you were turned down because of your record.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2020, 12:50:54 AM »
And you also have the right to be heard in front of a judge if denied.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2020, 03:42:52 PM »
I agree.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

ttrotter16

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »
Has anyone heard of wait times for applying for the non-resident PA ccdw? I'm waiting on my DE CCDW (about a month and a half since applying), but as soon as that's in, I want to get my PA non resident as well. I live in North Wilmington, grocery shop in PA and work in a not so good area in south eastern PA. I know that if you have your states ccdw license its fairly easy, in and out. However a coworker of mine is a PA resident, and he called to set up an appt to get his, and the first available spot to come in was late January of 2021. Just curious if anyone here has done it recently. I don't want to get ahead of my self and set an appointment and when the time comes not have my DE CCDW. Thoughts?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2020, 05:44:24 PM »

ttrotter16

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2021, 02:44:05 PM »
Yup, I did know that. Thankfully I don't have anything that should hold them back from issuing. Dotted and crossed everything form wise before I submitted. All that's left to do now is hurry up and wait :)
Update- almost 5 months- emailed Dale again today and she said it was approved and waiting to be printed with "100's of others that have been approved". No idea how long that will take but now I know I can start checking the mail box with some hope of seeing it soon.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2021, 06:17:13 PM »
Great news.

Dubya

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2021, 03:02:18 PM »
Just crossed the three month mark on wait time for new permit (Kent County).

ttrotter16

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2021, 11:45:49 AM »
I feel you. I'm almost at the 5 mo mark in NCC. Was told it was approved but "waiting to be printed"

Dubya

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2021, 11:56:58 PM »
I feel you. I'm almost at the 5 mo mark in NCC. Was told it was approved but "waiting to be printed"

Lo and behold, I post about it on a Saturday and the permit was in my mailbox on Monday.  Talked to a buddy who applied about two weeks after me, also in Kent County, and his arrived today as well.  So, I can confirm that Kent County sends them out in batches and they're running at about 3 months.

Good luck, ttrotter16.  Every day is another day closer.  You're just unfortunately up where all the people live.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2021, 10:28:47 AM »
Several years back, I seem to recall that a proposal was being submitted to create a commission to handle conceal carry permits to decrease wait times. Did this get squashed?