Author Topic: Heard of wait times ?  (Read 14428 times)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Heard of wait times ?
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2021, 12:16:21 PM »
The "commission" didnt go any where.

I think ALL of us should write our Sen & Rep. and express our opinion on the issue.  MAYBE we can get Dover working for US.

Sent this out already.

Dear Mr. Cooke,

Hope this finds you well.

The current "processing time" for CCDW(s) in Delaware for New Castle County is 6 months from the time an applicant drops off their application until they should expect to hear something.
The other 2 counties take half of that time. (And we call them Lower Slower Delaware????)

States like Arizona Are allowed 60 (sixty) days to process the application and must issue within 15 days after that. Please see item H in this link https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/03112.htm   
Our neighboring State of Pennsylvania issues within 45 days.  Please see item E in this link https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.061.009.000..HTM  If other licenses can
be issued in a timely manner, I feel our CCDW(s) should be too.

Also, our neighbor Pennsylvania, PER LAW MUST provide a secure facility for firearms when entering a court.  Please see item E in https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=9&sctn=13&subsctn=0   I think Delaware should adopt the SAME thing.  If I go to the courthouse to renew my permit leaving my
gun in the car is NOT safe, neither are the lockers OUTSIDE the court facility.

Eagerly waiting for YOUR reply,

Radnor
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2021, 12:21:27 PM »
And....  as a result of being VOCAL, my Sen reached out to me.

"As a side note, I've recieved a number of emails from members of the 2A community calling for repeal of the state's Red Flag laws. 
Maybe we can find a time to discuss that as well."

And my reply....
"When ever you want to discuss, please let me know.  I will make the time.  I cannot say how much I appreciate you taking the time."
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2021, 05:54:26 PM »
Thats a good letter. Would you mind if I used it either in full or in part? I think it hits all the key points.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2021, 06:07:51 PM »
Thats a good letter. Would you mind if I used it either in full or in part? I think it hits all the key points.

PLEASE USE as much of it as you see fit.  Unfortunately, I cannot find the chart I had which listed the processing times for permits.
Will have to look for it again.  Hopefully, I bookmarked it.

I want EVERYONE to write!  It's the ONLY way we can do something.  Too many just sit on their duffs with the attitude of I have mine, so I dont need to do anything.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2021, 06:18:32 PM »

ttrotter16

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2021, 11:55:09 AM »
Finally got mine this past Saturday, almost 5 1/2 months to the day. Thanks NCC for the quick turn around

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2021, 12:44:21 PM »
I would write or call (BOTH) your state Sen & Rep.  Let them know.

I remember something about wheel & oil...

Chan

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2021, 09:40:45 AM »
Sent my paper work in in December 16 still waiting no response 5 months later! NCC
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 10:26:40 AM by Chan »

ttrotter16

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2021, 11:38:32 AM »
Mine was beginning of Oct to begginning of March, a little over 5 months. Yours should be there any week now.

Chan

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2021, 05:40:37 PM »
Seven months still no permit called Ncc several time left messages no reply😡

Libertarian5

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2021, 10:49:32 PM »
Yeah totally sucks.. I submitted all my stuff in march and I am still waiting. Unfortunately NCC is not 2A friendly...

fredbaro

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2021, 12:34:45 PM »
I have been waiting since Dec 8 2020 NCC dose not reply to 2 phone calls or 2 emails wonder if calling attorney general about no communication from them would work?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2021, 12:54:30 PM »
Do you really think the hug a thug AG would do anything?

I'd start calling my state senator and representative.  Also remind them is this the SAME group that will be processing the permit to purchase should it pass? I would call them daily.

Mr. Wilson

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2021, 02:00:24 PM »
Submitted my NCC renewal 1/6/21 received my permit 7/22. I did call a couple weeks ago to see what was going on (an issue or just they are getting caught up) I got a call back a day later and the lady I spoke with said I was approved but it was in the process of printing the cards.

Jzint81

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2021, 08:53:30 PM »
I put my new application in 04-03-21. I didn’t ask her how long it would be. I guess I’ll be lucky to get it this year? I’m in NCC.