Author Topic: Heard of wait times ?  (Read 14438 times)

dpilipis

Re: Heard of wait times ?
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2021, 01:43:17 PM »
COUNTY???

My cousin file her NEW app in January.  STILL waiting.

I am in precisely the same boat.  NCC-Hand delivered mine on 1/25, still waiting.  Absolutely horrible.  Worst part of this?  I got two new FFLs in the time I spent waiting.  When the federal government is running circles around you, you know something is very awry.  O well, I think I'll leave my CCW permit in my will to my son, just in case I die of old age waiting. 

They told me six months when I filed, which was outrageous to begin with.  Now they are even past that.  I got admitted to the State's Bar (I'm a lawyer too), and even that took less time.  And for that they asked for copies of virtually every document related to me under the sun. 

Oh well, I waited this long and it's not I don't always have a gun within arm's reach all the time anyway...

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2021, 05:51:38 PM »
As I've said before, Renewals get processed before they start on New Applications. Always have. The more People getting new Permits, mean the more renewals there are to process 3 years later. Now just think of the increase of permits that have been filed in the last 3 years. Then the permit renewal time is 5 years the second time around and so it goes. Seems to me the solution is more people to process the applications has got to happen. Here is the deal. The State is run by Democrats (because you voted for them) Democrats don't want you having guns anyhow.        Solution: STOP VOTING FOR DEMOCRATS!  YOU ARE SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT, SO TO SPEAK.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 05:54:31 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Libertarian5

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2021, 06:31:27 PM »
I've never voted Democrat in my life. I unfortunately moved to a state that is predominantly Democrat. That being said I agree this is borderline incompetence by NCC. I am sure if this was taxes owed to state you'd have a  lien slapped on you by now. Maybe some of our tax dollars can be redirected where better suited. Like more help processing our apps since they are obviously overloaded in that office.

Matt826

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2021, 12:27:44 AM »
Just got my new permit in the mail today. Turned all the paperwork in on Feb 11. So my wait time was about 7 months.
New Castle County

BartExp

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2021, 11:43:24 PM »
Applied (1st timer) August 27th, received permit today, October 7th. 34 DAYS!!!  Sussex County.

Libertarian5

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2021, 12:21:26 PM »
Congrats!! Looks like Sussex County has their act together. NCC not so much. The only thing I can assume is lazy workers, not enough workers or blatant anti-gun bias..

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2021, 01:41:50 PM »
OR ALL 3!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

hickorydickoryglock

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2021, 02:31:47 PM »
What is an actual action step that one can/should take to improve NCC's situation?

I've already contacted my representative, but I feel as if that isn't enough. Is there someone else I should speak with?

I plan on contacting GOA today or Monday to see if they have any suggestions for me because they have a track record of getting things done.

Jzint81

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »
Just an FYI, I talked to prothonotary office yesterday. I was told that the batch of permits that I am in was at the judge to be signed, and that my permit would most likely be sent out next week. I filed a new application in NCC on may 3rd. So those of you who applied in April/May should be getting permits soon. I will update when I actually have it in hand.

Libertarian5

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2021, 06:38:14 PM »
That's interesting. I would like to know how they process apps? I filed in March and was told this week it was still at the DOJ has been since August. 

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2021, 09:31:38 PM »
They have boxes marked, 'in', 'out', and Ignore.  Guess where the permits are...
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Jzint81

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2021, 12:56:41 AM »
Sounds like you could talk to 5 people, and get 5 different answers from them. Hopefully the guy I talked to is right. I was suprised. The first number I called, a lady Answered, took my info and said someone would call me. I didn’t think I would hear back. 10 min later I gotta call from a guy who told me what I said previously. So we’ll see what happens.

kingofmatt

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2021, 02:47:44 AM »
I applied April 4th New Castle County and received my license today.

Libertarian5

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2021, 09:45:50 AM »
Congrats! I guess they're starting to move along but now I'm starting to feel a certain way 😂 🤨

Jzint81

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2021, 10:37:37 AM »
Congrats. I talked to a buddy of mine that put his packet in a month after me, and got his last fri. I’m hoping mine shows up this week.