Author Topic: Maryland Drops Good and Substantial Reason  (Read 3111 times)

Oaklandopen

Re: Maryland Drops Good and Substantial Reason
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2022, 05:08:56 PM »
Regarding Maryland,
Is any credit given for the requirements already met to obtain a Delaware
CCW. I know with Florida, all I did was send them a copy of my Delaware
documentation. A Print card, and a photo, and they sent me my Florida CCW.
 Is Maryland the same, or will it be like starting from scratch, in a State I
don't live in?

In all likelihood,  no.  Since they have no reciprocity with anyone else

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2022, 06:04:53 PM »
Well......  MD for the initial ccdw it's a 16hr class..
I don't know of AND DE instructors who are teaching that long..  PLUS they have to be on the approved list of instructors.

Renewals requires 8 hr class.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2022, 06:05:28 PM »
Short answer, I'd say NO
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Vig

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2022, 11:21:47 PM »
Hopefully I can help clear up some things because I had a similar question.

I took my 8 hour Delaware CCW class on 3/24 with Marino tactical, they also offer the 16 hour Maryland wear and carry class. Since it’s within the same year, I was able to sign up for the second day to get those 16 hours.

I am scheduled August 15th
DE, PA, UT, MD, NJ CCW

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2022, 02:41:45 AM »
Tell him I said hello. (Todd)
Did their nra certs years ago.
Barry still train with him?

Oaklandopen

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2022, 09:26:05 PM »
still working on mine. tomorrow i'll be driving to baltimore for printing since the 6 times i called the number provided, and called bel air directly, i was on hold for no less than 30 minutes each time. it's either they don't want to answer the phone, they are clogged with calls, or there's never anyone in the buildings. im guessing they are swamped with calls

i had to do a separate finger printing for work reasons and troop 2 wasn't scheduling till the 28th, so i did the walk-in in dover and it was less than 15 minutes after i walked in the door. hopefully baltimore is like that but i'm getting there when they open in case it isn't.

after that it'll be passport photos (although in the instructions it looks like i can just take pics with my phone in front of a white wall, frame it properly, and that will suffice. im confused as to how they do this online and say it needs to be a 2 inch photo. i don't know how to make a photo 2 inches big for another user if you can attach it as a jpeg. as long as it's framed square that should be fine

then i have to send a check and we'll see what happens

Oaklandopen

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2022, 05:01:05 PM »
just submitted my maryland app. did a quick trip to the baltimore fingerprinting site, about 60 miles one-way for me, and i was the 4th in line. wasn't too bad, i'd say in and out in about 30 minutes after it opened.

the fields you have to fill in for fingerprinting proof is a little confusing. i don't know if i did it correctly. but i definitely paid for the full state and fbi check.

i'd say the full online app process makes some things easier compared to delaware's, but they are overall different nonetheless.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2022, 04:27:29 PM »
Does anybody have a handle on what it will cost for the MD W&C non-resident permit for someone with a DE permit, and has a DD214 proving they are a military veteran?

I am considering applying but want to know how much I will have to lay out before I get to deep into the process?

Where can I apply in person?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2022, 08:54:31 PM »
$75 for the license.  $60 for fingerprints.  But you might find a MD police station to do the prints cheaper.

I just completed the training and it was pretty expensive.  16 hours. 

You are good to go with your DD 214   

Having a Delaware carry license will do nothing for you in Maryland. 

You will need 3 references but they can live anywhere and don’t need to sign a paper.

All applications are strictly “on line”.  There is no option to apply “in person”. Actually easier than all of the papers involved with Delaware. The picture can be a selfie on your smart phone.   Upload and crop it. 

Here is a link to the licensing portal: https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Portal.aspx

You can start your application with your email as your username and a password that YOU set up. As you complete various section of the application you will save and then come back to keep working until you are done. 

« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 02:42:26 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Oaklandopen

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2022, 12:27:49 AM »
Does anybody have a handle on what it will cost for the MD W&C non-resident permit for someone with a DE permit, and has a DD214 proving they are a military veteran?

I am considering applying but want to know how much I will have to lay out before I get to deep into the process?

Where can I apply in person?

$75 for the application,  $51.xx for the fingerprinting.  You can try to make an appointment at any provided MVA but of the two dozen times I tried I never got ahold of anyone for about 30 minutes each call.  I ended up doing the walk-in in Baltimore and it wasn't that bad.  Opened nearly on time and I was in and out within 30 minutes,  probably the 8th person in line on a Tuesday I believe

On a side note it's important that you provide the proper number on the fingerprinting application as to why you are doing it,  since there are several. 

"Wear and Carry: Below is the information that you should provide to the LiveScan technician for fingerprinting:

Agency Authorization Number: 9400082484
Agency ORI Number: MDMSP6000
Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-305

You may print this page to take with you."

That can be found on their website but you have to either write it on their paperwork when you get to the fingerprinting site or provide them a copy of the webpage that says what I quoted

Seth

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2022, 12:49:01 PM »
I live in Sussex County. Can anyone recommend someone to take the class from?
DE - PA - MD CCW

"But, for the grace of God, go I."

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2022, 01:22:13 PM »
Call Marino. Tell him I said hi.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2022, 01:45:33 PM »
I live in Sussex County. Can anyone recommend someone to take the class from?
I did Atlantic Tactical in Salisbury. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.