Author Topic: Renewals  (Read 15359 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Renewals
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
Just an FYI for anyone who is renewing their permit this year, as of now the cost is still $34.50 and when I asked when I should get my new permit I was told by May 31st at the latest.   >:(
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Renewals
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:06:42 PM »
MAY 31st?  wow.  I'll be sure to send my renewal in early!!

Thanks for posting this, Sig.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:24:35 PM »
I figured hey today was the first day they accepted renewals for 2010 so I shouldn't have to wait long. Guess they don't want people to expect them early.

Aries

• DSF Training
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 12:09:40 AM »
I was told by May 31st at the latest.   >:(
That to funny, because May 31 is the renewal dead line  ::)

What county are you dealing with?

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 12:35:17 AM »
New Castle County

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 01:25:02 AM »
If you don't have your paperwork in to them in a timely fashion, you could receive the new permit after May 31st.  I hand-deliver mine on the first business day of the year that I am up for renewal. 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:51:10 AM »
Good to know.  I'll definitely be hand delivering mine next year on January 3rd! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

norwood

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 05:13:46 PM »
ahow far ahead of time can you renew them? are you going for renewal a few months before it expires?

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 11:23:44 PM »
The earliest you can renew your permit is the first business day of the year your permit expires, IE: January 4, 2010 for my permit that expires May 31, 2010

norwood

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 03:35:17 AM »
if you were to let it expire before you sent it in for renewal would that be a problem? could they deny renewal? can you not carry if your permit has lapsed?

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »
The way I understand it is if your CCDW expires you no longer have one. You would need to start the whole process over and reapply.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 01:06:59 AM »
if you were to let it expire before you sent it in for renewal would that be a problem? could they deny renewal? can you not carry if your permit has lapsed?
If you ever wind up in the situation where you will be receiving your renewed permit AFTER May 31st, the State will tell you that you cannot legally carry during the period between May 31st and whenever you get the new permit.  So, my money is on "no, you can't legally carry while the permit is lapsed." 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Hank

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 11:51:53 AM »
Hi guys.
I hope all's well with all of you, all Is well on this end so far. Does anyone have the correct mailing address for Sussex county handy. After reading this post, I checked my license and sure enough, It lapses on May 31, 2010, so I had better get a check In the mail. And thanks for the heads up on this.

I'm just getting things put back together after this bout with chemo for my wife, all our files are screwed up, I found out just what " Helter Skelter " means. At least we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, and what makes that some what funny Is, My wife goes to the " Tunnell Cancer Center " In Rehoboth, for her chemo treatments!!! so that just were we are seeing the light!!!

Thanks all again, I'm glad I found you guys, give yourselves a litttle pat on the back, for a good web site, and what makes It good or bad are the people In or on It.

Semper Fi all. Hank.

Aries

• DSF Training
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 01:49:39 PM »
Does anyone have the correct mailing address for Sussex county handy.
Sussex County Prothonotary Office
1 The Circle, Suite 2
Georgetown, DE 19947

Sussex County 302-854-6959
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:55:48 PM by Aries »

norwood

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 05:36:27 PM »
Best wishes to your wife and you Hank.