Author Topic: New member from pseudo NCC  (Read 1677 times)

GrannyGunLife

New member from pseudo NCC
« on: August 19, 2020, 02:35:26 PM »
I'm an older lady who has gotten into pistol shooting over the last few years. I have a DE, PA, & UTAH CCDW as well as an NRA Pistol Instructor's certificate and RSO certificate. I work with a ladies only group and really enjoy helping ladies enter the world of firearms! I carry a Sig P356 or my new Springfield EMP4 CCC. I also shoot my Sig M17 and my Springfield XDM. I generally start brand new ladies on either my COLT 1911 22lr (authorized replica made by Walther) or my Browning Buckmark. I find they have greater comfort level starting with a 22 caliber and they learn the fundamentals easier.

I've recently started going to the rifle range with my son and enjoy shooting long distance too! I shoot my Savage 17 or my BRO Spec 15 there.

I'm constantly training and learning with different folks because I like to learn from all different approaches.

Thank you for letting me join this group as I'm a new CCDW instructor and I'm sure I can learn a lot from the more experienced shooters on this forum!

I live in NCC but below the canal (thankfully - hence the pseudo description)!  :)

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: New member from pseudo NCC
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 03:42:19 PM »
Welcome to this forum from Sussex Co. I am very impressed with your creds so keep up the good work.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 06:11:53 PM »
Welcome!!!

Until you said shooting with your son, I thought I knew who you were.

I generally start brand new ladies on either my COLT 1911 22lr (authorized replica made by Walther) or my Browning Buckmark. I find they have greater comfort level starting with a 22 caliber and they learn the fundamentals easier.

GREAT way to start a noob off!!!  I do the exact same thing.

It's very rewarding after spending time with a new shooter finally seeing the light come on.

You will find very helpful and friendly people here.  Welcome again.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 09:52:02 PM »
Welcome aboard!!  Glad to hear from a lady that understands our toys...

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith