General > New Member Introduction

New member from Wilmington

(1/3) > >>

sprue:
Greetings from Wilmington! I've been shooting recreationally for many years (mostly rifles) and have recently decided to look into getting a concealed carry permit. Back in late 2018 (within months of moving here) I was attacked by a group of teen aged kids while walking home from a store. No serious injuries, just some kids punching strangers I think. But it took me this long to get a feel for the area and decide that I want to carry a weapon to protect myself and my family.

I'm self employed so at the moment my only references would be my neighbors. I'd be interested in hearing your recommendations about local shooting clubs or places where I could make some pro 2A friends.

Radnor:
Welcome.

As the welcoming email stated,  I offer the course.

You'll need 5 references. You mentioned neighbor. If married, that's 2. Since you've been here less than 5 yrs,  you'll need a FULL NOTARIZED driving record from the state you came from.

Look under training section and see if action pistol would be of interest. Thst would be a great way to meet ppl.

If you should have any questions,  my phone number is in my profile.

Todd

sprue:
Thanks Todd, On the subject of driving records, prior to moving to Delaware I spent about 3 months in upstate NY (new job, decided it wasn't a good fit) but before that I lived in Florida. My NY driving record would be a very thin file. Should I submit it anyways or get my records from Florida?

Just Bill:
Welcome aboard!!  Todd is a wealth of information on training and just plain shooting for fun in our area.

Bill

Radnor:

--- Quote from: sprue on September 08, 2020, 02:55:32 AM ---Thanks Todd, On the subject of driving records, prior to moving to Delaware I spent about 3 months in upstate NY (new job, decided it wasn't a good fit) but before that I lived in Florida. My NY driving record would be a very thin file. Should I submit it anyways or get my records from Florida?

--- End quote ---

In the 3mos in NY, did you change your license from FL to NY?  If YES, I'd say you need both. Extra hoop for new transplants to the State.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version