Author Topic: Your Preference  (Read 1595 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Your Preference
« on: November 03, 2020, 12:54:14 AM »
So what's your carry preference and why. I always carry OWB in a leather holster. They're all custom made. Sometimes i carry conceal by the type of shirt or jacket for cover. Mostly i open carry because you can here in Delaware. When i first started to carry people would tell me to try and not print, That it may scare people if they see me with a gun. So for the first year i tried figure it out, but then after a while i said screw it. Yeah, some people look and a lot don't mainly due to their eyes stuck in a phone. I've only had a few encounters with anyone saying something, but mostly positive. I hear people talk about how they carry in the winter different than the summer, why? I mean even though i rotate guns, it's could still be the same gun. Why is weather going to make a difference?
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Your Preference
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 02:45:41 PM »
Guys and gals wear a lot of t-shirts in the warm weather, which is hard on concealment. Whereas in the winter we bundle up in sweatshirts and coats, and layered clothing and it is easy to conceal. As far as open carry in Delaware, not many people do it. I live down state and haven't seen but 4-5 people open carry in the 50+ years I've lived here. I do open carry at home sometimes, depending on the chores I'm doing, but I never open carry off property. I'm not one for trying to act big and bad like some I've seen open carrying. I once had a guy come to a yard sale open carrying, walking around with a revolver, and scowl on his face, and I had no problem with him as I was standing close behind him carrying a 9MM semi with 18 Hollow points, and he had no clue.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 03:29:41 PM »
IWB. When we sit we spread. Don't like the "wing" from owb getting tangled up with the arms of the chair.

I do not rotate guns. Use to carry 1911. Locked, cocked, safety on. Now carry something that is DA on first shot safety off.   Don't want to be in a position where gun wouldn't fire because of the safety. I believe fine motor skills would be lost in a stressful situation. That way if the SHTF I can just react and not have to worry why it is not working (safety) 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 03:51:27 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 04:28:42 PM »
And....  I don't care if I print. The public is clueless.
As you said,  too busy with their face stuck in a phone.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 01:42:05 PM »
I am a fair weather open carrier.  Never had a negative encounter. When it turns cold I conceal carry. Regardless, my rig does not change. I carry a Sig P365 in a Safariland ALS OWB kydex retention holster.  Round in the chamber and the manual safety on.  I carry with the manual safety on for two reasons. First, During my 21 years in the Army (Military Police) using both the 1911 and the Barretta M9 I have developed muscle memory where my thumb sweeps the safety every time I draw. I understand that during stress I may loose fine motor skills but this is the choice I make as a trade off of reason number 2. Reason #2. I am aware that I am not perfect and I am concerned about accidental or negligent discharges. I also know that when for Law Enforcement having a manual safety gives the officer an extra 14 seconds to fight when perps try to steal their firearm and then try to figure out why it won't shoot. I suspect that this same principle applies to civilians. I don't care what you carry or how you carry, just as long as you carry.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 01:52:02 PM »
Booger hook off bang switch until on target  prevents  ND

DelawareGold

• We the People
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 06:32:28 PM »
I always carry concealed. My EDC changes with the season.
I do this for two reasons. First, I like to adapt the “Gray Man”
approach. Not draw attention to myself, blend in with the
background. Second, if there is an advantage to the element
of surprise, I like to keep that as my advantage. I prefer to
carry appendix style. In the winter it is a Sig P229. In the summer
it is a Sig P238. I would carry the P229 year round if I could
find a system that properly conceals it. Unfortunately, in the
summer I get asked “Is that a 229 in your pants, or are you just
happy to see me?”
Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 08:23:09 PM »
If she's cute, happy to see her.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 11:46:39 PM »
IWB. When we sit we spread. Don't like the "wing" from owb getting tangled up with the arms of the chair.

I do not rotate guns. Use to carry 1911. Locked, cocked, safety on. Now carry something that is DA on first shot safety off.   Don't want to be in a position where gun wouldn't fire because of the safety. I believe fine motor skills would be lost in a stressful situation. That way if the SHTF I can just react and not have to worry why it is not working (safety) 

I've never been to a yardsale in Kent county, so i know it wasn't me. Besides, i don't walk about with open carry as though i'm big and bad. I do it because it's just easier to be out in the open then trying to hide it. To each his or her own
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member