Author Topic: 2021 Renewal "reason for permit"  (Read 3535 times)

Gorski

2021 Renewal "reason for permit"
« on: November 20, 2020, 08:18:06 PM »
Hi All,  Will be renewing again next year, I have recently retired and my reason before was that I had access to the building I worked in with many valuables.  Has anyone had an issue with changing their reason from what it was to now for personal protection?  Any suggestions??   Thanks
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

del elec

• Life Member
Re: 2021 Renewal "reason for permit"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 08:24:37 PM »
I have always used "Protection of self, family, and property". I don't see where changing your reason to that would be an issue. But, nowadays, who knows?
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 08:27:52 PM »
I have always used "Protection of self, family, and property". I don't see where changing your reason to that would be an issue. But, nowadays, who knows?
^^^  Or possibly, RENEWAL
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Gorski

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 09:30:16 PM »
Ya today the way things are I'd hate to take any chances,   may just change to for protection of self and family and property
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 09:31:21 PM »
You're in NCC, want it notarized?
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Gorski

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 01:40:23 PM »
You're in NCC, want it notarized?
Hey Radnor, I've done a couple of renewals and have not had them notarized, is it required?
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 06:49:39 PM »
Based on the form, I'd say yes.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 06:58:40 PM »
(5) The license issued upon initial application shall be valid for 3 years. On or before the date of expiration of such initial license, the licensee, without further application, may renew the same for the further period of 5 years upon payment to the Prothonotary of a fee of $65, and upon filing with said Prothonotary an affidavit setting forth that the carrying of a concealed deadly weapon by the licensee is necessary for personal protection or protection of the person’s property, or both, and that the person possesses all the requirements for the issuance of a license and may make like renewal every 5 years thereafter; provided, however, that the Superior Court, upon good cause presented to it, may inquire into the renewal request and deny the same for good cause shown. No requirements in addition to those specified in this paragraph may be imposed for the renewal of a license.