Author Topic: Publication for Kent County  (Read 5485 times)

Grunt4Life

Publication for Kent County
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:58:53 PM »
Hello to all,

I live in Camden-Wyoming but considered Kent County (as we border each city). In our area we get the Dover Post which is free and so everyone in my area gets it every week. I was wonder if anyone else who might live in the Dover area use them for the publication?

Also does anyone know if one County is faster then another or are they all about the same?

Sean

Grunt4Life
"Semper Fi"

Lest I keep my complacent way, I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today, As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for today?"
- Eleanor Roosevelt.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Publication for Kent County
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:40:31 PM »
Sean,

you must apply for your CCW in the county you live in.  That said, I dont know how fast (or slow) KC runs.

Good luck!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Grunt4Life

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 04:21:02 PM »
Sean,

you must apply for your CCW in the county you live in.  That said, I dont know how fast (or slow) KC runs.

Good luck!

Moosie

Moosie,

Thanks for your response.

As you state the paper (Dover Post) is circulated in the county I live in and will be applying in. Wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the Dover Post and used it for publication.
Sean

Grunt4Life
"Semper Fi"

Lest I keep my complacent way, I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today, As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for today?"
- Eleanor Roosevelt.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:14:58 PM »
Sean,
Best bet may be to call your prothontary and check with them. The only thing that counts is that the court counts it.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 01:06:27 PM »
Sean, I use them on a routine basis for house rental ads.  I've found them to be nice enough and reasonable to deal with. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Where in Kent County do you live?  I forget the percentage, (30 or 35% I think?) but the paper you place your ad in must circulate through that percentage of your zip code!  SO, just make sure that the Dover Post is one of those news papers.  I had a list of which newspapers satisfied which zip codes at one time.  I'll see if I can find it and post it here. 

Good luck!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Grunt4Life

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:41:38 PM »
Sean, I use them on a routine basis for house rental ads.  I've found them to be nice enough and reasonable to deal with. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Where in Kent County do you live?  I forget the percentage, (30 or 35% I think?) but the paper you place your ad in must circulate through that percentage of your zip code!  SO, just make sure that the Dover Post is one of those news papers.  I had a list of which newspapers satisfied which zip codes at one time.  I'll see if I can find it and post it here. 

Good luck!

Moosie

Thanks Moosie!

My area code is 19934. I actually thought it had to circulate to 35% of the County. If it is only your zip code that may make things a little easier but we'll see.
Sean

Grunt4Life
"Semper Fi"

- Eleanor Roosevelt.

Aries

• DSF Training
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 01:07:30 AM »
Wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the Dover Post and used it for publication.
A number of my students from Kent have used the Dover Post so it should not be a problem.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:30:29 AM by Aries »

Grunt4Life

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 07:54:45 PM »
Wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the Dover Post and used it for publication.
A number of my students from Kent have used the Dover Post so it should not be a problem.

Thanks Aries.
Sean

Grunt4Life
"Semper Fi"

- Eleanor Roosevelt.