General > Out of State Concealed Carry Information

I did the York run today for renewal

(1/3) > >>

Bobbysr:
From Newark it took 1.5 hours. Beautiful sites on the way. I mailed my renewal on Dec 9th. Got an email on the 23rd. However the court is closed from dec 21 to Jan 8. The sheriffs office was temporarily set up in an office building at 2401 Pleasant Valley Rd. I called yesterday and made an 11 am appointment for today. I arrived 15 minutes early . There were 2 people ahead of me and 2 people after me. There was a guy from NY state who drove 3 hours to get his renewal. Got a new picture and was in and out in 14 minutes. The sheriff told me something I didn’t realize. When I renew my DE CCW, (in 4 years) I need to send them a copy of it. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful.

Packing_Nine:

--- Quote from: Bobbysr on December 30, 2020, 05:24:41 PM ---The sheriff told me something I didn’t realize. When I renew my DE CCW, (in 4 years) I need to send them a copy of it. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful.

--- End quote ---

I renewed my PA LTCF in York at the beginning of the month. My experience was similar to yours - very pleasant, very professional.

I expect the requirement to maintain documentation (for your DE renewal, at whatever point it occurs in the future) is likely mandated by the state, not the county. When I last applied for PA (in Lancaster county, which no longer processes out-of-state) they were not so diligent about bringing this requirement to my attention. It's no knock on Lancaster county, merely a recognition that York really has it all together.

ttrotter16:
I did the York run yesterday.. applied online, and they texted me that same day saying it was approved. Selected an appointment online (they didn't care I was early), walked in, took my picture and walked out. Super easy, and everyone was %100 more pleasant than in Wilmington.

Adrenolin:
Seems I'll be heading to York County myself soon. I see the application is now online. Just took pics of my license, permit and US residency card to submit. Do you pay online or when you go in in person? How soon were the appointment available?

I just finally got my renewed DE card on Friday after waiting months for it. Was planning to ride up this week to Lancaster again but just today noticed they were no longer doing non-resident cards.

DelawareGold:
My last PA Renewal (York) was in March of 2017, so I will need to renew early next year.
I don't want to wait until the last minute, so I thought i would start the process now.
The last time it was one hour, soup-to-nuts, but I understand there have been some changes.
The application and payment is by mail, and they will notify you when to come for photography,
and processing. Is that about how it is done these days?
Any help is appreciated.
~DG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version