Author Topic: I did the York run today for renewal  (Read 3788 times)

Bobbysr

I did the York run today for renewal
« on: December 30, 2020, 05:24:41 PM »
From Newark it took 1.5 hours. Beautiful sites on the way. I mailed my renewal on Dec 9th. Got an email on the 23rd. However the court is closed from dec 21 to Jan 8. The sheriffs office was temporarily set up in an office building at 2401 Pleasant Valley Rd. I called yesterday and made an 11 am appointment for today. I arrived 15 minutes early . There were 2 people ahead of me and 2 people after me. There was a guy from NY state who drove 3 hours to get his renewal. Got a new picture and was in and out in 14 minutes. The sheriff told me something I didn’t realize. When I renew my DE CCW, (in 4 years) I need to send them a copy of it. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful.

Packing_Nine

Re: I did the York run today for renewal
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 01:28:26 PM »
The sheriff told me something I didn’t realize. When I renew my DE CCW, (in 4 years) I need to send them a copy of it. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful.

I renewed my PA LTCF in York at the beginning of the month. My experience was similar to yours - very pleasant, very professional.

I expect the requirement to maintain documentation (for your DE renewal, at whatever point it occurs in the future) is likely mandated by the state, not the county. When I last applied for PA (in Lancaster county, which no longer processes out-of-state) they were not so diligent about bringing this requirement to my attention. It's no knock on Lancaster county, merely a recognition that York really has it all together.

ttrotter16

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 11:36:22 AM »
I did the York run yesterday.. applied online, and they texted me that same day saying it was approved. Selected an appointment online (they didn't care I was early), walked in, took my picture and walked out. Super easy, and everyone was %100 more pleasant than in Wilmington.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 06:25:34 PM »
Seems I'll be heading to York County myself soon. I see the application is now online. Just took pics of my license, permit and US residency card to submit. Do you pay online or when you go in in person? How soon were the appointment available?

I just finally got my renewed DE card on Friday after waiting months for it. Was planning to ride up this week to Lancaster again but just today noticed they were no longer doing non-resident cards.

DelawareGold

• We the People
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 02:07:55 PM »
My last PA Renewal (York) was in March of 2017, so I will need to renew early next year.
I don't want to wait until the last minute, so I thought i would start the process now.
The last time it was one hour, soup-to-nuts, but I understand there have been some changes.
The application and payment is by mail, and they will notify you when to come for photography,
and processing. Is that about how it is done these days?
Any help is appreciated.
~DG

Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 04:42:24 PM »
We did the York Country process last month going to the satellite office. Did the online application and payment on Friday the 10th late afternoon. Monday morning at 8:15 I got my Approval email.. wife got hers an hour later. Follow the link back to their website to select a day and time to go up. We selected 2 back to back afternoon appointments the next day. They take your photo there and a few minutes later you get your permit. That’s how it was for the wife anyways. Sadly, whoever input my info used the incorrect date of birth.. I’m still curious as to how it passed the background check to get my Approval.  ::) Yes, I had submitted the correct date. They corrected that but had to do the background check again which can take minutes to hours. The officer gave me her phone number when I said we were going to eat and I’d check back and she said she’d contact us when it was ready. We ate at Cracker Barrel, hadn’t heard back to drive back to Delaware. 5 minutes from home they called saying my card was ready and they would ship it out. I got it 3 days later. Officer was friendly and talkative. The satellite office on Google shows the back of the building for some reason. Drive around to the front, there are big double doors. You’ll see a large sign at the right side doors for CCW permits.. you can’t miss it. Go in, through security and then to the right through another set of doors and to the counter. Washrooms are to the left down the hall from the desk as well.

Pleasant visit and a wonderful backroad trip up and back.

DelawareGold

• We the People
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 07:30:13 PM »
Thanks, Adrenolin.
If things are moving that quickly, I may wait until January 3rd.
For some reason I was anticipating issues and problems, but it
really sounds like they have their act together. This sounds like
it's going to require a stop at the "Shady Maple"!
Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

sidoe99

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 12:53:20 PM »
My Pa out of state which I got issued from Lancaster expires next October 2022, how soon in advance do they allow a renewal to be submitted? Thx

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2021, 08:20:17 PM »
My Pa out of state which I got issued from Lancaster expires next October 2022, how soon in advance do they allow a renewal to be submitted? Thx

https://keystoneshootingcenter.com/blog/concealed-carry-laws-in-pennsylvania

"
To renew your permit, you need to follow several steps:

There is a 120-day window within which you can renew a concealed carry permit. If you want to submit in advance, you can do so up to 60 days before your current license expires. Once your permit is considered expired, you have another 60 days to renew. After the 60-day period, you have to resubmit as a new applicant. Depending on how much you’re willing to spend and how you plan on carrying your license, you have two options for a physical copy. You can opt for the more expensive hard plastic card — similar to your state driver’s license — with no photo or the less expensive laminated paper version with your photo. For the second version, you’ll need to submit two official passport photos."

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2021, 01:50:32 AM »
Hey Adrenolin:

“washrooms”?    Still haven’t lost that Canadian accent have you?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 01:52:46 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2021, 03:28:02 PM »
Listen up ehh..  ;D Canadians never loose the accent  8)

Hey Adrenolin:

“washrooms”?    Still haven’t lost that Canadian accent have you?

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2021, 08:57:43 PM »
I guess you will never get the Canuck oat of you
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 08:59:32 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.