Author Topic: Renewal Time!  (Read 4024 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Renewal Time!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 11:05:40 PM »
Doesn't matter about new or renewal.  Me being Mr positive, figures that the dems will cancel all permits as dangerous to politicians...
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 11:22:29 PM »
Dropped of renewals for myself and Mrs “Clarence”.   Just off the Circle in Georgetown.   Very nice folks.  They only let one in at a time but as we are married, they let us both in together. We waited about 10 minutes for 3 people before us. Talked to friendly guard out side of office. They reviewed both applications and we wrote one check.  They notarized.  Gave us receipts to show in case renewal doesn’t get mailed out before expiration.  Reminded us that our licenses are still good after expire but they thought renewal will come sooner.

Super people at Sussex Prothonotary Office

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2021, 03:10:02 AM »
I dropped my renewal off yesterday in Kent County, it was a ghost town  :o

There was nobody around so I was in and out.

I was told they were way behind and it could be 5-6 months  wait for renewal ???  ::) :o
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2021, 03:02:18 PM »
Sounds like we might have to reach out to our elected officials and request they do something.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 10:33:40 PM »
As long as your app for renewal was in in the proper time you are good to go on your old permit until the new one arrives.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 10:50:53 PM »
Yes, I'm MORE than aware of the fact.  I quoted the law on the first page and you regurgitated it after my post.

My point (WHICH YOU MISSED) was maybe we should get after the elected officials to DO SOMETHING to make the process FASTER.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 11:05:53 PM »
They have both houses and guv, why would they want to hurry something they don't even think we should have???

Bill
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 11:06:45 PM »
I’m with you Radnor.  This has been going on for years.  NOTHING has been done.  The CCW system is hardly the only place where we see this. 

I am tired of calling various businesses and getting the same message “we are experiencing higher than average call volumes”

What the heck is average?  How long will they just keep saying this and not adapt to the ( I hate this term) New Normal

End of Rant
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 11:14:04 PM »
I had a really hard time reading the News Urinal(Pravda) this morning.  The front page said ...people we can trust, and showed all the dems, starting with the liar in chief.  The paper was filled with examples of goodness in the state, and I don't think it included one republican. 

When i was growing up in the 40's-50's in DE, we were #6 in the national economy.  After roughly 40 years of dem rule, we are #36.  Such remarkable performance.

Bill
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 12:15:14 AM »
Granted I'm sure it's NOT something they want. But the camel is already under the tent.

My thinking is the squeaky wheel.....
If we don't make our voices heard, they will assume we're happy with the existing process.

I'm also sure some here will do nothing as they're happy with  "I've got mine".  That thinking and NO ACTION is USELESS to our cause.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 08:14:06 PM »
Well....  Guess I cannot 8itch without putting up.  Sent the following letter to my Sen & Rep and Rep Cooke who met with me.

Code: [Select]
Dear Mr. Cooke,

Hope this finds you well.

The current "processing time" for CCDW(s) in Delaware for New Castle County is 6 months from the time an applicant drops off their application until they should expect to hear something. 
The other 2 counties take half of that time. (And we call them Lower Slower Delaware????)

States like Arizona Are allowed 60 (sixty) days to process the application and must issue within 15 days after that. Please see item H in this link https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/03112.htm   
Our neighboring State of Pennsylvania issues within 45 days.  Please see item E in this link https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.061.009.000..HTM  If other licenses can
be issued in a timely manner, I feel our CCDW(s) should be too.

Also, our neighbor Pennsylvania, PER LAW MUST provide a secure facility for firearms when entering a court.  Please see item E in https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=9&sctn=13&subsctn=0   I think Delaware should adopt the SAME thing.  If I go to the courthouse to renew my permit leaving my
gun in the car is NOT safe, neither are the lockers OUTSIDE the court facility.

Eagerly waiting for YOUR reply,

Radnor
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:15:44 PM by Radnor »

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2021, 10:13:50 PM »
What he said, everyone write or just copy this and send it off to the politician of choice.  Smother them!!!

Bill
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2021, 01:26:50 PM »
And a reply from Rep Cooke.....

Thanks for the information. The process in my opinion and a retired police officer the process had always been slow due to the background and interviewing applicants witnesses.
Well and of course Covid. Please also send your concern to the Attorney Genrals Office.
Thanks for the concern. I will also contact the AG’s office.

So, if a background check is performed by my employer, they will not know the results for 6 months??  Nah, dont believe it....

mbtech

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2021, 05:54:26 PM »
Drop off my renewal Jan. 4 in Georgetown ( Sussex ), new permit was in mail today.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2021, 06:50:38 PM »
That's only 3 mos.  Should have been more pain.....

Congrats.