Author Topic: Does Your Employer Hinder Your Second Amendment Rights?  (Read 7364 times)

Taurus221

• NRA member
Does Your Employer Hinder Your Second Amendment Rights?
« on: February 16, 2009, 11:46:24 PM »
Does Your Employer Hinder Your Second Amendment Rights?  Do you carry a firearm for self-defense, training, practice, competitive shooting, or hunting?  If you answered, "YES" to any of the reasons listed above, then you may be at risk at losing your job or worse, your Constitutional Rights as an American citizen.  Businesses, not only in Arizona, but around the nation are trying to stop law-abiding gun owners from keeping their legally owned firearm stored in their personal vehicles.  NRA is looking for information from you to help protect your rights and the rights of others to keep a firearm in a personal vehicle.  Please send us a copy of any memo, letter, email, policy manual or any other communication from your employer, which discriminates against you and other gun owners wishing to keep a firearm safely locked in a vehicle. House Bill 2474, sponsored by State Representatives John Kavanagh (R-8) and Frank Antenori (R-30), would protect your right to lawfully transport and store firearms in your privately- owned locked motor vehicle while parked in publicly accessible parking lots controlled by your employer or a business you frequent.  If you are willing to testify in legislative hearings about this issue, please let us know.  Please click http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4427 for more information.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 11:37:29 PM by SigP250 »
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.