Author Topic: Renewels for CCW #2 Heads up!!!  (Read 16412 times)

Hank

Renewels for CCW #2 Heads up!!!
« on: January 12, 2010, 06:03:39 PM »
Hi every one.
I just got back from the Georgetown court house and I was told by the nice young lade working there that I should keep my receipt with my carry license, she told me they may not get It done on time because of a backlog on new CCW applications, they do the renewels In the same office up state. She told me this well knowing that my license runs out on May 31, 2010. That's only 4 1/2 months. So If anyone told you to waite untell a month before It ran out before you renewed it, DON'T wait, do It now!!! Yesterday would be even better!!! You will have to fill out a new application, make payment of $34.50 & two new passport photos.

Jon, I stopped In to see my old friend John Davice from JD Defense and I ask him about you and your problem with the DUI, and he told me If you only had one and It was more that three years ago, you should not have a problem. So like I told you, He's the one to talk to, I'm sure you know more about It than I do. John Is one of the good guys, In my book.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Renewals for CCW #2 Heads up!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:13:52 PM »
Receipt?? This is not going to be good if I dont get my permit in time.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

norwood

Re: Renewels for CCW #2 Heads up!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:03:14 PM »
you da man hank!!!! i'm thinking i might give this a whirl after all. Thank you

jon

Hank

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »
Hi all again.
I don't know if I screwed up or this blog did, but knowing me, I think It was me. First I misspelled John Davis's name wrong and the new message that didn't go through.

Keeping the receipt Is only good If you have your CCW to start with and you are renewing It, and not for the people that are going for there CCW for the first time and are waiting for It to come In. I do hope I didn't screw this up??? Good luck everyone and Semper Fi all. Hank

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Renewals for CCW #2 Heads up!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:45:08 PM »
I'm just wondering I never got a receipt when I dropped off my renewal paperwork last Monday. It was pretty much thanks for the paperwork have a nice day and oh you may eventually get your new permit.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 01:01:49 PM »
I also wouldn't want to take the chance of getting stopped or caught with just a receipt for proof.  I mean, would they take a receipt for your drivers license?  Doubtful. 

Hank, I hope your renewal goes through quickly!  Thank you for the information you've shared.  :)

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 03:58:18 PM »
I just dropped mine off yesterday (NCC).  Paid in cash.  Lady made a copy of page1 and signed it for a receipt.

I did ask about the REASONS question.  she said just write in RENEWAL.  I had my reasons from my initial application attached.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 05:56:50 PM »

I did ask about the REASONS question.  she said just write in RENEWAL.  I had my reasons from my initial application attached.
Thats good to know

Hank

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 11:46:36 AM »
Hi again all.
I didn't say that I thought that carrying the receipt was a great Idea??? I think I should have said that's what the woman at the court house told me that I should carry It with me If I did not get mine back on time??? I wouldn't take the chance myself, and I'm not telling you to do so. I was just trying to tell all of you what happened, and I guess I didn't do that well.

I even said to that woman that I have my Florida license and that may ? cover me and she told me that she wouldn't bank on that because the laws are so fussy to start with and change offten. So for me anyway I think that there are way to many IF's In this thing, before I had my CCW I didn't carry at all, so I guess I will deal with It that way and not carry untill I get my renewel. I still have 4 1/2 months or close to that. I'm sorry If I misslead any of you, It was not my Intent. When I think that It only took me about 10 days or less, to get my our of state PA. license. Wow!!!

On a very sad note, don't think for one New York second, that our good friends In Washington, would not shut this down if they could and don't think that they are not working on this as we speak!!! They would very much like to disarm all of us.

Semper Fidelis all. Hank.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »
But.....  For giggles, I just called them. 

Lady I spoke to said 2 mins ago said all apps coming in have at least a few reasons attached.  And recommended to list a few.

So, GOOD LUCK!

I included a copy of my original reasons I filed.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »
Got a question...I was sent a renewal for when I first got my permit. The renewal only has the typical legal questions ( am I druggy or a felon) but no space for reasons. Did anybody else get one of these? I'm getting ready to send my renewal in and was planning on just using this form.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 05:28:21 PM »
Yes, GunEnvy.  I got the same form.  I plan on using it when I renew!!

I never looked at it closely because I assumed that it was the same as the application for a new permit.  Guess I better look at mine again closely!

Thanks!!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 05:38:46 PM »
The reason section is right above the legal stuff only like two lines if its the same form I got.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 07:15:13 PM »
nope, mine asks if Ive ever been denied to if Ive had any alcohol related offenses right to the yes or no questions
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »