Author Topic: New Member from North Wilmington (Pennyhill) Area  (Read 1577 times)

dpilipis

New Member from North Wilmington (Pennyhill) Area
« on: February 17, 2021, 01:26:26 PM »
Hello Folks!

I moved to Delaware in 2002.  Originally I'm from New York (actually, emigrated as a youth from Soviet Russia).  My wife is the Delaware native so she brought me out here not too long after we got married.  Spent about 20 years as a practicing attorney, then had just about enough of it (largely because I was working for leftists), so now I only do that part time.  Full time, I am now a gunsmith and an FFL dealer.  I have been heavily into the shooting sports ever since I moved to Delaware (actually, it was part of the deal when I agreed to move out here).  I'm an avid hunter, competitive shooter (IPSC and CMP Rifle Mostly).  Currently I am on the board of a Rod and Gun Club.

Despite all this it wasn't until last month that I applied for My CCDW.  I have all the requirements in, including the course.  Now for the interminably long wait (I hear it is 6 months up in NCC).  Just wanted to bring some gun expertise to the table and perhaps learn something about concealed carry.  I have open carried, but as many of you know, that has its limitations.  So, once again, Hello! 

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: New Member from North Wilmington (Pennyhill) Area
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 02:19:52 PM »
Welcome.   You have found the right place.  By all means submit your questions here and I am quite sure will get both answers and opinions.   The powers that be do a yeoman job of keeping this forum decent and respectful to all. 

We may even “pick your brain” for legal items.

Best regards
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 06:27:36 PM »
Welcome aboard from someone that also knows why guns fail to go bang.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 07:46:56 PM »
Hello and welcome!

Glad to hear you've finally started the process.  It WILL BE a long wait.

BTW, tomorrow is too early to start checking for it...   8)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

AudiQ

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 03:24:43 PM »
Welcome . Glad to have another member.
Endeavor to persevere