Author Topic: Looking for recommendations - eighty percent lowers  (Read 2271 times)

Packing_Nine

Looking for recommendations - eighty percent lowers
« on: March 18, 2021, 12:54:08 PM »
I'm not trying to get into a discussion of recent house bills... there will be more than enough chatter elsewhere.

Hypothetically speaking, if I wanted to go out today and buy between one and five unfinished lowers, can anyone suggest a vendor?

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Looking for recommendations - eighty percent lowers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 01:03:50 PM »
The way things are going, I recommend you pay cash at a gun show.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 08:01:40 PM »
Do it QUICK!!!

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/03/ghost-guns-banned-by-pas-largest-gun-show-promoter.html

‘Ghost guns’ banned by Pa.’s largest gun show promoter
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 04:44:49 PM »
i never saw 80percents at a show, ar 15's     saw a bunch of ak kits. 

gunbroker.. first

tacktical maching in florida

arse used to be in CAli...   but most getting raided for sales list shipping to stuff.

i'll post more later.   
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 10:13:29 PM »
I got mine a while back( when legal & Moral) from Polymer 80, but CA is trying to shut them down.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 11:06:44 PM »
I strongly recommend against buying any 80% lowers, or tools to complete them, online and/or with a credit card.

Once they ban them, it's only a matter of time until they get the sales records from those companies, and come after the customers.
If you can't buy them in person, with cash, don't.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 01:42:10 PM »
Here it comes: ATF Agents Showing Up At Homes of Unfinished 80% Gun Frame Dealers... all of whom bought from the same supplier with credit cards.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/atf-agents-show-up-homes-unfinished-80-gun-frame-dealers/

"AmmoLand discovered that U.S. Patriot Armory did not turn over any customer information to the ATF or other law enforcement agencies through our sources. It isn’t clear how the ATF received information about the customers, although everyone visited paid for the unfinished frames via credit card, and U.S. Patriot Armory uses Authorize.net.

Authorize.net is one of the only payment processing companies that will process firearm sales. Almost every other payment processor blocks the sale of firearms and unfinished frames. Although we have no evidence that says Authorize.net turned over customer information in this case, the company did turn over data of customers that purchased kits from other companies in the past."

They don't need to subpoena the sellers; all they need to do is check with their f***ing informants who handle the transactions.

Cash only, friends.

Packing_Nine

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 02:53:51 PM »

"Thank you, Sir. Yes, I did order one of those kits to see what all the fuss was about. I found it to be much too difficult for the average person. My own incompetence resulted in horrible damage to the part during my inept attempts to drill it out. I recognized it was unsafe to use, and melted it down in last summer's bonfire. Sorry for the inconvenience."

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 03:21:21 PM »

"Thank you, Sir. Yes, I did order one of those kits to see what all the fuss was about. I found it to be much too difficult for the average person. My own incompetence resulted in horrible damage to the part during my inept attempts to drill it out. I recognized it was unsafe to use, and melted it down in last summer's bonfire. Sorry for the inconvenience."
"No problem. We have a search warrant, so we're coming in... and we're Federal agents, so if you're lying to us, it's a Federal crime..."

Packing_Nine

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 04:33:12 PM »
 No problem.