Author Topic: New member from Newark  (Read 1753 times)

KGrans

New member from Newark
« on: March 24, 2021, 10:58:33 PM »
Relatively new Delaware resident (previously MD and NJ before that). Long time shooting enthusiast, but obviously new to CCW having lived where I've lived. Looking forward to starting the process and soaking up as much knowledge as possible. I've got no problem doing my own research, but if anybody would like to help jumpstart my search and recommend a good training class in NCC it would be greatly appreciated. Any good experiences (bad experiences)?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for having me!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 11:16:45 PM by KGrans »

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: New member from Newark
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 11:50:56 PM »
I offer the class.  call/text (see signature line) will answer your question.

BTW, Welcome
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 10:16:41 AM »
Welcome aboard!!  I second radnor, excellent instructor!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Packing_Nine

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 01:37:17 PM »
I took my class with David Johnson from First State Firearms Training. No complaints. His tuition is reasonable and the material presented was clear and memorable.

I have observed that his range session has moved to a new venue, which may be more or less convenient, depending on where you live.

DelawareGold

• We the People
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 06:11:15 PM »
I would also recommend Radnor. There is MUCH more to completing the requirements,
than taking the courses. Radnor will be able to coach you through the whole process.
The only other advice I can offer is that you get 3 or 4 additional Non-resident State
concealed carry permits, most importantly is a Pennsylvania CCW. PA and DE do not
reciprocate. I also have a Florida CCW. I have relatives in Florida, and with those three
permits, I can travel by way of the PA Turnpike to West Virginia, and south to FL with
reciprocity. Avoid MD at all cost. The DE, PA, and FL permits will get you reciprocity in
I believe 31 states.
Thank you for choosing to exercise your 2A right.
~DG
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 06:14:49 PM by DelawareGold »
Do what is right.
Love what is just.
Walk in humility with GOD.

KGrans

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 04:24:05 PM »
Excellent advice. Thanks!