Author Topic: Transplant from Maryland  (Read 1409 times)

Clump

Transplant from Maryland
« on: March 13, 2022, 01:03:21 PM »
In December 2021 we moved from Frederick, MD to Felton, DE. We lived in Frederick for 30+ years, so there has been quite an adjustment. Really enjoying the laid back attitude and looking forward to spring.

Just starting the permit process. Luckily, I have 5 long term friends who live in Kent County.

There sure are a lot of hoops to jump through, but at least it's possible. Maryland made it impossible.

NormH3

• Life Member
Re: Transplant from Maryland
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 02:13:53 PM »
Welcome to Delaware from another Marylander. Lived in B'more the first 6 years of my life so it has been a while but my roots run deep there. Maryland is a beautiful  state. It's a shame that it's government doesn't consider the protection of one's life as an acceptable reason to legally carry.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 04:02:19 PM »
Welcome.

You have the hardest hoop behind you. You'll need a FULL NOTARIZED driving record in addition to the other hoops in front of you.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Breedingb

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 04:06:11 PM »
Welcome.  Kent County is a great place to live and raise a family.  I'm in Harrington, so we're kind of neighbors. 

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 02:28:02 PM »
Clump,

Welcome to Felton. I too was raised in MD. and through the USAF ended up in DE. I have lived here ever since (58 years now).  Almost never think of going back to MD. even though DE. has its faults also. Hope you get your DECCW in due time. I have had mine for about 8-9 years. Also, had a PA non-resident for a while, so I could carry when I visited other states.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clump

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 06:38:20 PM »
Welcome.

You have the hardest hoop behind you. You'll need a FULL NOTARIZED driving record in addition to the other hoops in front of you.
I was able to download my MD driving record and it's notarized.

Appreciate the advice.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 09:55:20 AM »
The 121 year old ridiculous mandate for the 5 signatures is a real unfair stumbling block to folks that move into the state.   For myself and Mrs “Clarence” it was about a few minutes one morning at work but to newcomers it’s a real problem especially that the authorities have unilaterally required that you know the affiant for a year.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.