Author Topic: Federal record ding  (Read 2682 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Federal record ding
« on: April 22, 2021, 11:40:42 PM »
So i just need an answer. If you have a ding on your federal record that is a misdemeanor and you apply for renewal, what is the likelihood that it won't get renewed?
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Federal record ding
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 12:12:57 AM »
Was the "ding" there when you first applied?  If so, it was not an issue then.

Delaware is a MAY issue State. All of us could be denied on our next renewal.
If denied, you'll be given a chance to be heard by a judge.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 12:44:13 AM »
Nope just happened today. and renewal isn't until 2024. just wanted to know ahead of time. had 3 rounds of ammo out, not laying around but in a holder (410 ) and security was doing a spot check looking into car windows. The came and found me in the building, did not have a firearm on me, but then searched my truck. only charged me for one although i had 5 in the truck  and they only found 4. But they confiscated them. So it's either wait for a court date or pay the fine online then go pick them up. But i still have to find out from where, no one told me. Was at the VA hospital, my wife was getting a test done.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 12:53:30 AM by FreakShow »

NRA Member

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 12:55:47 AM »
That SUCKS. Hope it works out.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 02:14:26 AM »
They said pay the fine and get my firearms back or wait for a court date of which i may pay a lesser fine. But with covid, who knows when that will happen. was told they're not doing cases until june. just want to pay the fine, just want to find out if i'll still be able to renew. even though i open carry half the time.

NRA Member

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 08:38:41 AM »
Hire a good lawyer to fight the charge. It will be worth the money.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

slsharp

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 03:36:48 PM »
That is rough.  I wish you good luck.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2021, 10:24:59 PM »
Does anyone here know anyone over there and could tell me why they don't answer the phone. They said to call if i have paid the fine so i can get my firearms and knives back, but no one answers. Cause they took my knives as well. Had a manchette in a trunk in the bed of my truck. They called it a knife, i told them it's a tool to cut branches and wood incase i need to make a fire to keep warm. They said, are you some kind of doomsday prepper. I said yes, because when something does happen i have enough to make sure i can survive it and get home and one magazine of ammo is not gonna get me home. I have extra food and water and medical supply's and clothing, I have everything i would need to survive for at least 3 days. She even said she saw all of that. She asked for my license to check my record, i said you won't find anything on there because i'm not one of those kind of people. She said yup, it's clean Like the commercial i said, I'm a law obeying citizen trying to protect me and my family because it's my right. I also said, that's why i am complying, cause people who don't get shot and i want to walk out of here. And because i did that they only fined me for one gun, but still had to take them all, you know, incase i flip out and come back to kill everyone. Yeah, No. It only took a couple minutes of me talking for them to figure out we can do this in a civil manor. They said no hard feeling, i said yeah i know, i worked in prison for 6 years, you have to do your job. I just need someone to pick up the phone to tell me where and when i can pick up my stuff. I'm not angry, but i paid the fine, did what you asked so now return my stuff like you said you would. We didn't have to go through all this, i could of went online and paid it them but was told they have to inventory it and process it. just red tape. I will play along and not make waves. I have a clear record for a reason, so i can own firearms, so i can protect what is mine. So hopefully by next week someone will answer.

NRA Member

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 04:49:03 PM »
many government  agencies are short staffed right now and workers are remote. When my father passed away in March, I had a hard time reaching someone at the NCC wills office. It just took a little perseverance and timing on my part to reach someone.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 06:19:26 PM »
Isn't that illegal search??  And who are "they".  VA security??  Can they do that without a reason??
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 12:01:10 AM »
Their reason was because even though through a dark tinted window they saw a holder with two 410 shells in it. They had security and actual police

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 12:02:22 AM »
and no they didn't actually see and sign of a gun, just ammo

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2021, 01:30:09 PM »
Called security instead of the number i was given which turns out was the wrong number. This time i got a different answering machine. Hopefully i get a call back

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2021, 08:03:15 PM »
New Development: So the only to people in charge of opening the safe to get my stuff out are both away on active duty training for two week. But the worse part is when they looked up the serial number one one of the firearms, ( Bond Arms Snake Slayer ) it came back stolen from 1983 which is completely impossible since i bought it brand new in 2017. Also they were not being produced in this design back then. So someone has screwed up somewhere. Also The ATF is saying that my C Daily Honcho 14 inch barrel shotgun is illegal to be sold. Also BS! So i'm now looking up the records of purchase dates. Both bought at the same place but i have to make it easier for the shop owner to find them. But my bands records only go back so far for me to look, so now i have to wait for them to send me the records. So i still have at least two weeks before the people in charge of opening the evidence safe return.

NRA Member

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 02:51:12 PM »
So i just need an answer. If you have a ding on your federal record that is a misdemeanor and you apply for renewal, what is the likelihood that it won't get renewed?

As was suggested by another post, you really need a lawyer on this.  You will not be able to resolve this on a public forum.  I certainly hope you can get this cleared up.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.